Recommended MCCT in the UK?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
alanfjones1411

Re: Recommended MCCT in the UK?

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I had never done anything like that before but managed it.It took me near enough two days rather than the time stated.Among the advice I was given was DON'T PRESS THE STARTER UNTIL YOU HAVE SPUN IT OVER MANUALLY.Good luck with it.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Armortura

Post by Armortura »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm I had never done anything like that before but managed it.It took me near enough two days rather than the time stated.Among the advice I was given was DON'T PRESS THE STARTER UNTIL YOU HAVE SPUN IT OVER MANUALLY.Good luck with it.
Cheers, I'll remember that one.
Is it worth changing the spark plugs while I'm in? It starts and runs perfect as it is though. Was just thinking while I had the plugs out.

Cheers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You do not need to take the plugs out for this job.
Having said that, you have the leads and plug caps pulled off, so you might as well.
Use iridium plugs, and they don't need gapping, just fit them straight from the box.
However, you will find the job lots easier if you have the plug box spanner in your toolkit, as a lot of shop bought ones won't fit.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:51 pm You do not need to take the plugs out for this job.
Having said that, you have the leads and plug caps pulled off, so you might as well.
Use iridium plugs, and they don't need gapping, just fit them straight from the box.
However, you will find the job lots easier if you have the plug box spanner in your toolkit, as a lot of shop bought ones won't fit.....
The laser one from Halfords fits if you dont have the tool kit one
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Armortura

Post by Armortura »

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the late reply, been on holiday.....still am 😅

Cheers.