Ohlins rear shock remote reservoir mounting

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
AMCQ46

Ohlins rear shock remote reservoir mounting

Post by AMCQ46 »

has anyone got an Ohlins rear shock with remote res?

if yes, can you send me some pictures of how the reservoir hose is routed and where you have mounted it?

I got a 2nd hand one and had it rebuilt & fully serviced, but after fitting it I am buggered if I can get the res to line up anywhere near a frame rail.

at the moment, the banjo bolt on the top of the shock, to go to the res, is pointing forwards, and the banjo and hose exit the shock body to the left above the sprocket. then my plan was to mount the res to the bottom of teh rear subframe just above the chain guard. but with the length of hose and direction teh banjos are fitted there is no way it lines up.

so pictures please :D
AMcQ
popkat

Re: Ohlins rear shock remote reservoir mounting

Post by popkat »

Wicky has pictures I think,

Reservoir goes on top of the lower subframe rail on the left hand/chain side, use rubber mounts. preload adjuster goes on righthand side pillion hanger

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks, yes I just found an Ohlins pdf for the fitting like you described. so it is on top of the rail, rather than below... have to remove my chain oiler then :o

still looking for photos to make sure the hoses are at the correct angles
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:58 pm thanks, yes I just found an Ohlins pdf for the fitting like you described. so it is on top of the rail, rather than below... have to remove my chain oiler then :o

still looking for photos to make sure the hoses are at the correct angles

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks Marty that helps :thumbup: still looking for any close up images showing the way the banjos and hoses for the reservoir are pointing just to make sure it has been reassembled correctly during the service
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I have Al. But I'm in the Canary Islands till 1st July.I can send pics when I get back but I suppose That's too late.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbf0xft9s1dcm ... h.pdf?dl=0

Instructions from Mr Ohlins.

I installed just as instructed.

2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

The angle of the hose and subsequent routing from the shock is variable depending on how it was set and length of hose - but can be changed or shortened when its serviced if it's too long / twisted.

Don't forget my shock was originally for a '87 Suzuki GSXR 750 so it will differ to what you've got.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Mine is mounted the same as Cadbury 64
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks lads,
I will have another play with it tonight in that position
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

all done in the position as described. just need to work out where to move the chain oiler pot to :D

but I only have 5mm sag on min preload by the hydraulic adjuster, so might have to take it off again and have the suspension man take a few turns taken off the preload to get to the Roger recommended 8mm :(
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

Do it yourself https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-VS182 ... Sw8w1X7szc

I think the hydraulic preload gives 8mm of adjustment (not 100% sure on that though) so you want it at minimum to be about 14mm, that way you can get to 8mm, but you might find that a bit too much for the road and want to back it off a bit.

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

popkat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:48 pm Do it yourself https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-VS182 ... Sw8w1X7szc

I think the hydraulic preload gives 8mm of adjustment (not 100% sure on that though) so you want it at minimum to be about 14mm, that way you can get to 8mm, but you might find that a bit too much for the road and want to back it off a bit.

Revs suspension workshops are fairly local, and my mate works about 10 mins away, so I meet him on my way to work and he drops it in at lunchtime, I pick it up from him on my way home and get a free coffee. ... so in this case o need for a special tool

when you say you might want to back it off a bit for the road .... are you saying I should try less sag or more sag?
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm
popkat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:48 pm Do it yourself https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-VS182 ... Sw8w1X7szc

Revs suspension workshops are fairly local, and my mate works about 10 mins away, so I meet him on my way to work and he drops it in at lunchtime, I pick it up from him on my way home and get a free coffee. ... so in this case o need for a special tool

when you say you might want to back it off a bit for the road .... are you saying I should try less sag or more sag?

8mm is about the least sag I ever used on a race bike, for the road you might want more sag, most road stuff I've done has 10-15mm static sag depending on bike, It's all in the feel you get though, you have the hydraulic preload so easy to set for different types of roads and how your riding, if you have a range from 8mm to 15mm you've got it all covered :thumbup:

Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Sorry to thread hijack, but can anyone tell me the measurements of length of hose that goes between the remote preload adjuster and the shock ?