front forks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
marlbororman

front forks

Post by marlbororman »

just wondering if anyone knows the size of the Allen head bolt in bottom of fork leg so I can go get an extra long allen socket wrench thingy ? cheers in advance , Ian
VTRDark

Re: front forks

Post by VTRDark »

Oh god now there's a question and I can't remember off the top of my head. But rather than an extra long allen key you maybe better served by an allen socket but it has to be a smaller one like 1/4 drive so that the bigger part can fit through the bottom of the fork lower unless you find one with a long allen bit. The reason I say this is because it can then fit onto an impact driver which is sometimes required to get things started. They are usually stuck in there pretty tight with plenty of heavy duty threadlock to prevent leaks. The last thing you want to do is round it off which is not difficult with an L shaped allen key and extreme force.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

FRANKLIN 100mm LONG 6mm HEX KEY SOCKET ALLEN 1/2" DR

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Cheers guys. yer thats the fella. wanna buy one but without taking a fork to shop didnt know the size. dint wanna remove fork till ive cracked em both off lol