ACCT noise.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DavoVTR1000

ACCT noise.

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

Ok I’m struggling to judge for myself if this noise is the above mentioned or if it’s just in my head. It’s on ACCTs but will be going in for a service and change next week to MCCT. If it is the dreaded noise would it worth not riding the bike till it’s changed next week.
https://filebin.net/qvizt5jj1yn91gd1/3 ... t=e1oiccpc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: ACCT noise.

Post by sirch345 »

I've had a good listen, as with video sound tracks they are not the easiest to diagnose.

Anyway I'll give it ago.

It doesn't sound like a failing CCT as the noise is constant, a failing CCT would give a noise on every other stroke not every stroke. I don't want to scare you and hopefully I'm wrong, but to me it sounds like a possibility of a couple of bent valves, may be being kissed by the piston as it hits TDC each time.

My advice would be to get the CCT's changed ASAP as you have planned. Then if the noise it still there do a compression test.
If a garage is doing the work for you, they need to be up on working with Firestorms for the valve timing. You can print off our guide on valve timing and show them if necessary from the "The Workshop Knowledgebase"

Has this noise suddenly appeared do you know :?: or has it always been there since you got the bike,

Chris.
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

I have only noticed the noise the last day or 2, mainly last night on the way home when sat at lights etc, can’t hear it when I’m riding but that’s prob due to the exhaust noise. I have noticed the bike is showing a higher running temp (at or around the 12 o clock position instead of the usual 10 o clock position) the last couple of days but I put that down to the weather being warmer and that I’m not going up and down the motorway to work I’m going down 30/40 mph roads in traffic.

The bike has been ridden every day for a month so I noticed it straight away.

Haven’t used the bike today as it was pissing it down this morning but will start it later and see if it is still there.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

If it's only just happened in the last day or so it didn't ought to be the valves, so that's good. I wonder if the exhaust is blowing somewhere on the headers :?:

See if the noise goes away once the MCCT's have been fitted,

Chris.
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

Ye I will, I did notice a rattle which sounds like a loose nut, the tiny vibration rattle sound. Went over everything and couldn’t find anything loose but when it’s in next week I’ll get them to look at it.

It’s having the full works full service, carb set up and Dyno so should be perfect when it comes out.

Thanks for the help.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck with it, do lets us know how you get on,

Chris.
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

Ok so the bike went in to Tim blakemore racing for a full service, carb balance and accts etc and I’ve had it back a couple of days now.

The carbs were massively unbalanced so that was the cause for the funny idilling and noises.

The bike is so smooth now and picks up better in 3/4/5 gear.

He checked the bike over fully and gave it a clean bill. Just need to get some new rubber in the next month or so.

alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I see you have had accts fitted.You should have changed them for manuals.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:09 pm I see you have had accts fitted.You should have changed them for manuals.
:lol: :lol: Yep... Lets hope it's not back in the workshop soon with a failed CCT...

Oh & BTW they don't rattle when failing, they just fail...You get a CCT rattle on IL4's you don't on a twin...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Stop-mod them :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

I should have put the accts sorted as in stopper mod. It’s running sweet now. The clutch fluid was horrendous Tim said.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

DavoVTR1000 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 pm I should have put the accts sorted as in stopper modImage. It’s running sweet now. The clutch fluid was horrendous Tim said.

Well thats good it's better than nothing...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...