blue smoke from both the mufflers

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Big_Jim59

Re: blue smoke from both the mufflers

Post by Big_Jim59 »

tastethefloor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 am how is possible to have both cyl rings and bores worn? the bike run well
In my opinion I have got more likely a valve problem, the smoke appear for a while on acc and then disappear
now the problem is which head need to be serviced... :?:
Since the problem seems to appear on hard acceleration I would guess that you have worn intake valve guides and bad valve guide seals. The giant suction created by those big pistons will pull oil down a marginal guide in a hurry.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

I got another engine for that bike with a lot much less km, I was thinking in a swap..the amount of work is quite the same
fulviogsx

Post by fulviogsx »

tastethefloor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 pm I got another engine for that bike with a lot much less km, I was thinking in a swap..the amount of work is quite the same
Best option is swap ...and later repair the hold one
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

Fulvio ma sei italiano?
fulviogsx

Post by fulviogsx »

tastethefloor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 pm Fulvio ma sei italiano?
Si certo :)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ere, they’ve gone all continental on us!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

tastethefloor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 pm I got another engine for that bike with a lot much less km, I was thinking in a swap..the amount of work is quite the same
Having done both I would say that pulling both heads is a piece of cake compared to swapping engines.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

Big_Jim59 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:51 am
Having done both I would say that pulling both heads is a piece of cake compared to swapping engines.
did u replace the head gasket with a new one?
fulviogsx

Post by fulviogsx »

tastethefloor wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm
This is a good question.depends on your pocket.On an 80000 km engine you can proceed in two ways:
1)Dismantle and refurbish both two heads:guides,seals and machining and new gaskets.(and check/eventually refurbish rings and pistons )
2)otherwise cheap repair:without service the other head,,changing only the valve seals or eventually one or two guides involved.in this case is in my opinion a no sense change the head gaskets.
All the other ways to proceed (little less than 1),little more than 2))are in a medium terme economically ‎disadvantageous
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I agree with Jim, but as others keep saying do a compression test first would be my advice too,

Chris.
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

fulviogsx wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 pm
tastethefloor wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm

This is a good question.depends on your pocket.On an 80000 km engine you can proceed in two ways:
1)Dismantle and refurbish both two heads:guides,seals and machining and new gaskets.(and check/eventually refurbish rings and pistons )
2)otherwise cheap repair:without service the other head,,changing only the valve seals or eventually one or two guides involved.in this case is in my opinion a no sense change the head gaskets.
All the other ways to proceed (little less than 1),little more than 2))are in a medium terme economically ‎disadvantageous
Fulvio il cilindro posteriore sembra ok, non mi sembra il caso di aprirlo se è a posto
ciao
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Ere Kev. They done it again.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I saw that Al. Makes me feel all multi cultural innit! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

ehhh came on..
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

New head gaskets every time they are disturbed for me.

The Honda gaskets are coated with a sealer coating and it breaks up as soon asyou pull the head off.

You could try a liquid sealer (silicon, hematite etc) but you run the risk of clogging an oilway or coolant gallery, which could complete wreck your engine.

Reusing will possibly work but is, I think, a false economy.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.