Tire temperature sensor DIY with Arduino

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Draagood

Tire temperature sensor DIY with Arduino

Post by Draagood »

Hi,
I just finished this project where I build a temperature sensor for the front and rear tire and I wanted to share that with you. Herehttps://programacionsinfaltas.wordpress.com you have the link. I can help you on the way if you have problems. I am sure you will find this gadget very useful.
tony.mon

Re: Tire temperature sensor DIY with Arduino

Post by tony.mon »

Good man!
Don't know how feasible this is, but it looks like you could also fit wideband O2 sensors in each downpipe and display real time mixture info as you ride.
I found it was much quicker to jet right with a lambda sensor in each downpipe.
Saves on dyno costs, too.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Nice one pal. I've got a spare RPi lying around and I’ve been thinking I could use it as a GPS recorder on the track. I've found various articles using external GPS receivers and the Pi and they all look pretty simple. The main problem is regulating the power supply so it doesn't fry the Pi. That and keeping the whole thing dry.

Reading those articles got me thinking how feasible it would be to connect the Pi up to all the other sensors: revs; brake switch; TPS etc. Once all the data is being recorded it shouldn't be that hard for those in the know to overlay it on a map. Then just keep adding inputs like gyroscope and video.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Draagood wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:20 pm Hi,
I just finished this project where I build a temperature sensor for the front and rear tire and I wanted to share that with you. Herehttps://programacionsinfaltas.wordpress.com you have the link. I can help you on the way if you have problems. I am sure you will find this gadget very useful.
Clever person, well done :thumbup:

Chris.