Race Fairings

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
jonc

Race Fairings

Post by jonc »

Hi.

My first post - so Howdo to you all.

I'm looking for a track fairing and seat unit for a 98 Firestorm.....any recommendtions? And will a SP1/2 race fairing fit a Firestorm?

Thanks
alexmac

Re: Race Fairings

Post by alexmac »

hi sorry to hijack this thread, but I need to contact admin.
I'm trying to reply to a pm from twitchy in Australia
but every time I click send it get's lost.
having trouble login in, and can't seem to contact admin.

two things please, could somebody pm twitchy to let him know I got his pm but can't reply.
and contact admin for me.

many thank's
Alex.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

alexmac wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 pm hi sorry to hijack this thread, but I need to contact admin.

two things please, could somebody pm twitchy to let him know I got his pm but can't reply.

many thank's
Alex.
Click on 'Contact Us' at bottom of forum window to contact admin.

But if you posted in this thread you must have logged in :confused Just make sure your VTr org bookmark is https rather than http
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

jonc wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:37 pm Hi.

My first post - so Howdo to you all.

I'm looking for a track fairing and seat unit for a 98 Firestorm.....any recommendtions? And will a SP1/2 race fairing fit a Firestorm?

Thanks
Yeti has some moulds to make very sexy fairings and seats but you probably wouldn't want to slide them down the track...

SP1 /2 stuff can be fitted if you're up to doing some bracket fabrication etc.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alexmac wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 pm hi sorry to hijack this thread, but I need to contact admin.

many thank's
Alex.
Alex, I have PM'd Twitchy for you telling him you're not ignoring him, but you are having difficulty in replying to him atm. I have also sent him a link to this thread.

As Wicky points out, make sure you using https rather than http for the forum address/URL.
Also in your private messages make sure your "sent box" is not 100% full

I will now have a look at your account in the Admin section,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Anyway after all that. Hello and welcome to the forum jonc
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Might be simpler to use SP oil cooler if you fit SP fairings, the rads can be adjusted but the Storm oil cooler won't work with an SP2 fairing unless you resite it. SP1 and 2 oil cooler positions are different but it's only the inner faring section that changes.
SP cooler is four row so more efficient than Storm versions, so it's worth doing for racing anyway.
You will probably have to resite some other parts as well, and the SP belly pan isn't a direct fit around a Storm system, but it's all do-able.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Twitchy

Post by Twitchy »

Just continuing the thread hijack, I have received and responded to Alex & Chris' PMs, Alex, I have sent you my email as a backup.

Thanks everyone
Gene.
06 VTR1000F; bits by Jack Flash, Erik Marquez & Jamie Daugherty. SP/954 front and SP2 rear in the works.
Build thread; http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36638
jonc

Post by jonc »

Thankyou both, Wicky and tony.mon for your advice. Sounds like the SP route, but can you tell me how to find out about the yeti stuff?.....I've googled it and come up with nix

Cheers
Jon
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Yeti is a member on here who has bought the Mario Nava moulds I believe. Very nice looking kit.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

jonc wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:06 pm Thankyou both, Wicky and tony.mon for your advice. Sounds like the SP route, but can you tell me how to find out about the yeti stuff?.....I've googled it and come up with nix

Cheers
Jon
Yeti + Fairing = viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40278&hilit=Yeti+fairing