Clutch Slipping Issue... Nice new Renthal Chain and Sprockets though!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fletch89

Clutch Slipping Issue... Nice new Renthal Chain and Sprockets though!

Post by Fletch89 »

Hey Stormers!

It's a long time since I posted anything on here, its advice time again.

Recently replaced my chain and sprockets due to wear. Replaced all the seals on the slave cylinder and the piston, and I have bled the system using a Multivac numerous time, but the boody thing keeps slipping when a gear is engaged. I'm assuming that the unit is sealed as it is holding vacuum on the gauge. Anyone else had a similar issue? Or any thoughts?

Cheers.
Wicky

Re: Clutch Slipping Issue... Nice new Renthal Chain and Sprockets though!

Post by Wicky »

Is your oil semi or fully synthetic?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Fletch89

Post by Fletch89 »

I have a feeling it may be Semi, I should upgrade that to Full, shouldn't I? IS that a fairly common issue?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Fletch89 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:42 pm I have a feeling it may be Semi, I should upgrade that to Full, shouldn't I? IS that a fairly common issue?
No stick to semi.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Fletch89

Post by Fletch89 »

So semi's the way to go then? I'm guessing with a slightly older bike full syn will cause an issue. Hmmm. WIll drop the oil out and replace the filter and see if that makes a rectifies it. Fingers crossed it does!

Just wonder whats caused the upset when removing the slave cyinder (admittedly fairly "green" on that point)

Cheers!
Peeb

Post by Peeb »

When the clutch slips, do you have adequate slack?

I'm pretty sure the problem is in the Clutch Master Cylinder. EASY FIX! The same thing happened to me. I kept bleeding the clutch system, it would work for a dozen applications and then slip. The indication is that all the clutch slack would go away. If you remove the Master from the bars then remove the Plastic reservoir. Look under the res and there are two orfices. One is impossibly small, not even the size of a pin. It gets clogged and the system can't get slack. I could not get the small hole clean with traditional cleaners and did not have a small enough bit to drill. I took the master completely apart and boiled just the body in plain water for 15 min. While still wet, compressed air shot the goop out of both holes. I wish I took pictures. The hole is so small I was not even certain it was there. If all the parts in the master and slave are installed correctly, this is the most likely issue
Fletch89

Post by Fletch89 »

Hi Peeb,

Thanks for the reply, I will have a look this weekend. The slave operates perfectly, there's plenty of travel on the piston, the levers felt the best it has ever has on this bike; it's a bit of head scratcher. I'd never considered the Master could have been upset!

I will let you know how I get on!

Cheers!
Fletch89

Post by Fletch89 »

Also another update I dropped the oil out repalced with Semi Syn and replaced the filter, still have the same problem. Thank good it's not summer!!
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

i managed to bend the clutch pushrod some how. That made it slip