Storm Battery

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dave-sp2

Storm Battery

Post by dave-sp2 »

Guys

I have finally expended the life of my current battery.

Any suggestions on what to get as a replacement?

TIA

Dave.
Wicky

Re: Storm Battery

Post by Wicky »

motobatt - £50ish and good for for 3-4 years,
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Like this one matey??
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

dave-sp2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 am

Like this one matey??
Yes...although just to confuse you...You can get a 14amp hour one, turns the bike over better, it's a bit taller, will fit but lid wont close on the battery box.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote:
dave-sp2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 am

Like this one matey??
Yes...although just to confuse you...You can get a 14amp hour one, turns the bike over better, it's a bit taller, will fit but lid wont close on the battery box.
Mine is probably in need of renewal soon . It's a yuasa and is the one it came with 6 years ago. Could it be the original battery ?? I think I will get another yuasa regardless

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I was contemplating which one to go for a while back, Motobatt or Yuasa OEM myself. In the end I went for another Yuasa after having really good service from them in the past (one lasted 8yrs 8O ), although I went for a bigger amp hour battery meaning the lid of the battery box needed removing, that unclips so you don't have to cut it off.

I'm not knocking Wickys suggestion, especially if he's had good service from Motobatt batteries, but some on here seem to think Motobatt batteries are not so good as they used to be, plus one or two mentioned about battery leads coming loose. In the end I decided to stick with what I know, boring eh :lol:

It's your choice :)

Just remember there are Chinese copies out there, that's why I went with an official UK distributor for Yuasa batteries.

This is the one I went for, it's a 12amp hour whereas the original is a 10amp hour, it's around 15mm taller :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Yuasa ... xy~dNTHvgd

Chris.