today it don't wanna start!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
markbo

today it don't wanna start!!

Post by markbo »

hi everyone
not been on here for quite a while - been merrily riding around tho!

rode out yesterday with no issues then today went to start the bike and just heard a click from under the seat somewhere and the warning lights went out and it was all dead. after about a minute the lights came back on again but pressing the starter had the same result - I've had the battery on charge for the last 5 hours thinking it might have been dead, just tried again but still the same.

any ideas?
thanks in advance for any help!

mark
Wicky

Re: today it don't wanna start!!

Post by Wicky »

In no certain order;

Kanackered battery
Kapputting R/R leading to above
Loose terminal connection on battery (they can vibrate loose)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Double Post
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
markbo

Post by markbo »

went out and disconnected the battery leads then re-connected them and it fired up first time as usual!
they looked fine and were tight but there was obviously something awry.
i ordered a new battery in the meantime, the yuasa 16 on the advice i've seen on another post, but that's ok cos this one did go flat last winter when i forgot to put it on the maximiser.....

as ever, thanks for the advice :)

coming back onto the forum has reminded me that i've got a spare rear wheel that i was given by a neighbour who had a firestorm a few years back - it's not really any use to me but if there's anyone who wants to come and collect it ( paddock wood, kent ) they're welcome to it. i'll put it in the sales section too

cheers
mark