Abba Stand

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
plumbob

Abba Stand

Post by plumbob »

Has anybody got an Abba stand that they could take a few measurements for me. I need the length from the base of the stand to the centre of the pin that locates in the swing arm pivot (looks between 450mm and 500mm to me ). Also length of pins , look about 100mm when connected to bike . Thanks Dave.
MacV2

Re: Abba Stand

Post by MacV2 »

plumbob wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:31 am Has anybody got an Abba stand that they could take a few measurements for me. I need the length from the base of the stand to the centre of the pin that locates in the swing arm pivot (looks between 450mm and 500mm to me ). Also length of pins , look about 100mm when connected to bike . Thanks Dave.
Cant get in to the cave to take measurements at the moment due to arm in sling/ bikes need moving but this may help...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Big J

Post by Big J »

Height to centreline of swinging arm holders on Abba stand from floor 46.4cm
Not sure what you mean by pins.
The adapters which fit into Abba stand for Firestorm are 30mm and 35mm in length end to end.
John
plumbob

Post by plumbob »

Thanks guys, making up a stand based on the Abba one. Just welds an old 27mm socket onto some 12mm bar and got a piece of hardened 12 mm for the other side. Just got to weld up the frame and were done. Will try and put up some picks. Making the stand is easy, putting up picks is hard . Cheers Dave.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

plumbob wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:54 pm Thanks guys, making up a stand based on the Abba one. Just welds an old 27mm socket onto some 12mm bar and got a piece of hardened 12 mm for the other side. Just got to weld up the frame and were done. Will try and put up some picks. Making the stand is easy, putting up picks is hard . Cheers Dave.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41262
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This thread maybe of some help too
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12471&p=95496&hilit ... and#p95496

If you need me to take some measurements I can do some tomorrow.

What would be cool is if you made telescopic uprights so you could extend the height so you have the option of either mounting from from the swingarm as standard or from the engine mounts.

==============================Enter the Darkside
plumbob

Post by plumbob »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 pm This thread maybe of some help too
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12471&p=95496&hilit ... and#p95496

If you need me to take some measurements I can do some tomorrow.

What would be cool is if you made telescopic uprights so you could extend the height so you have the option of either mounting from from the swingarm as standard or from the engine mounts.

Do they come with the bricks and wood as standard :lol: Seriously , thats a good idea about telescopic uprights .I'll have a look through the scrap bin , see what I can do.