Chinese brake discs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTR3545

Chinese brake discs

Post by VTR3545 »

Hi was wondering anyone had any experiences or opinions on brake discs from China.
Wicky

Re: Chinese brake discs

Post by Wicky »

EBC disks are a slightly cheaper alternative to OEM disks. Braking components are not an area to skimp on considering to vital role they play. Don't be tempted by cheapy Chinese pattern parts in the stopping reliably from 100mph+ speeds department...

Don't forget to add new pads to the shopping list and for good measure give the calipers an overhaul (dismantle clean / replace the pistons, seals, fluids etc.)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Watty

Post by Watty »

Wicky wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 am EBC disks are a slightly cheaper alternative to OEM disks. Braking components are not an area to skimp on considering to vital role they play. Don't be tempted by cheapy Chinese pattern parts in the stopping reliably from 100mph+ speeds department...

Don't forget to add new pads to the shopping list and for good measure give the calipers an overhaul (dismantle clean / replace the pistons, seals, fluids etc.)
+1 Don't skimp on stoppers!!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Don't believe the 'myths' that all Chinese stuff is bad. Lots of people will tell you it's all rubbish without ever having tried anything.

I spent hours reading about them and found one particular brand had good reviews all round.
I bought a pair for my GSXR track bike and run them on my wet wheels. I've given them some proper hammer a few times now and not had the slightest issue.

I can photograph them so you can see the particular brand I found if you want.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I had a Chinese wavy disc on the rear.
After a while I found cracks going from the slots to the outer edge.
Never again, I prefer Braking Wave or Brembo, EBC or a racing equivalent.
Be careful of danmoto ones
Last edited by tony.mon on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

Cheers boys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

VTR3545 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:55 am Hi was wondering anyone had any experiences or opinions on brake discs from China.
Why would you even chance it when you're life depends on them :confused
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Miztaziggy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:15 pm Don't believe the 'myths' that all Chinese stuff is bad. Lots of people will tell you it's all rubbish without ever having tried anything.

I spent hours reading about them and found one particular brand had good reviews all round.
I bought a pair for my GSXR track bike and run them on my wet wheels. I've given them some proper hammer a few times now and not had the slightest issue.

I can photograph them so you can see the particular brand I found if you want.
completely hit and miss with Chinese parts. years ago I bought some danmoto bar risers, utter crap, under heaving braking the bars would move forward :eek2
but that was about 6yrs ago, since then I've used the odd Chinese parts, on non critical parts, like lowered footpegs(been good as gold, if I can stand on them, anyone can :wink: )
my usb charger is also from china.
would I use chinese brake parts.....no
fair play to mr Ziggy, he did his research and is happy with his purchase. but you generally hear more horror stories about Chinese parts than good reviews.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Minesabityellow

Post by Minesabityellow »

Yeah, I bought some a while ago. There is a slight weight difference between the two sides, and measuring them with a DTI gauge after fitting showed some runout on one of them, in the region of .20mm. This translates to a slight judder under light braking although they're not bad under heavy braking. The other one is fine. nice and straight. They are lighter than standard, can't remember exactly what they weigh though.

There's plenty of power with the EBC HH pads fitted.

I think I paid £96 from ebay for the pair, but then got hit with a £16 import tax bill. In hindsight I shouldn't have bothered.

I've a pair of Greek made Tsuboss discs on my VFR750, but they're solid rather than floating, and they are perfectly good, purchased from M&P but alas they don't make discs for the VTR. It was the experience of these I guess that gave me the nudge to try Chinese.