Replacement wheels

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTR3545

Replacement wheels

Post by VTR3545 »

Hi...after some info on replacement wheels. I was considering changing the storms (1997) original wheels with the blades wheels and was wondering what years can fit as a direct replacement.

Cheers in advance :beer:
agentpineapple

Re: Replacement wheels

Post by agentpineapple »

there's is lots of info on this subject, just use the search function in the top right of the screen.
if your looking for six spoke wheels. then join the club, lots of people want them. the rear is easy to buy as any blade from 93 to 98 has them. straight swap. you can buy them for £30 easily enough.
but the front wheel is going to cost you. as the blade used a 16inch front wheel. your options are limited.
off the top of my head nc30 nc35, also certain years of vfr750 and cbr600 fit, but I can't remember which years they are. you'll have to use the search function to find out, unless someone posts the correct info on here.
expect to pay over £100 for a 17inc front wheel tho, trying to find a straight and true front wheel isn't easy.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

Cheers agentpinapple.....not as easy as I thought....may just go down the powder coating route then :roll:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTR3545 wrote:Cheers agentpinapple.....not as easy as I thought....may just go down the powder coating route then :roll:
I've got a few spare 3 spoke rear wheels if you want one, and it's easy to find storm front wheels, that way you can get them painted or powder coated and your bike won't be off the road whilst it's being done
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

Could be a plan to think about....what would you be looking for :?:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

if you do get one with a slight buckle, then Motoliner in Kent do a great job of straightening them for about £65.

just make sure you don't trust the guy you bought them off that they are true.......... check them BEFORE you powder coat them!
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTR3545 wrote:Could be a plan to think about....what would you be looking for :?:
£20 plus postage for a standard rear 3 spoke. sadly I haven't got a spare front wheel.
and I totally agree with Al regarding motoliners of Maidstone, great guys.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

VTR3545 wrote:Cheers agentpinapple.....not as easy as I thought....may just go down the powder coating route then :roll:
Agent PINapple!! Now that made me chuckle :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

Agentpineapple......cheers for reply...i will have to source a front :wink:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTR3545 wrote:Agentpineapple......cheers for reply...i will have to source a front :wink:
no worries mate, give me a shout if you find a cheap front and require my spare rear wheel buddy... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!