givi hard luggage pictures needed

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
agentpineapple

givi hard luggage pictures needed

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm trying to fit a full hard luggage system by givi. but I can't find a single picture of a givi system fitted to a storm without the boxes fitted.
has anyone got/use one of these systems, or has anyone got any pictures I could study, to make sure it's fitted correctly.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Re: givi hard luggage pictures needed

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:i'm trying to fit a full hard luggage system by givi. but I can't find a single picture of a givi system fitted to a storm without the boxes fitted.
has anyone got/use one of these systems, or has anyone got any pictures I could study, to make sure it's fitted correctly.
Eh... try contacting Givi ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

This is the instructions for mounting the Givi topbox rack. As far as I'm aware they didn't do an official pannier mounting kit so if you have one it may be a DIY addition.
251F.jpg
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

firestorm_al wrote:This is the instructions for mounting the Givi topbox rack. As far as I'm aware they didn't do an official pannier mounting kit so if you have one it may be a DIY addition.

251F.jpg
cheers mate. sadly I know that bid.... :lol:
it's details of the wing rack sections for hard side panniers. worst ways i'll contact givi as mac said, I was just hoping someone had a picture of there's knocking around.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I used to run a full hard luggage system on mine. It was Kappa, with the wingracks etc. There is no standard fitting kit for the VTR but they did a universal kit which needed some slight modifications, but it did work well. I may have some pics but it was over 10 years ago when I then decided to get a second bike to tour on. I'll have a look.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Stratman wrote:I used to run a full hard luggage system on mine. It was Kappa, with the wingracks etc. There is no standard fitting kit for the VTR but they did a universal kit which needed some slight modifications, but it did work well. I may have some pics but it was over 10 years ago when I then decided to get a second bike to tour on. I'll have a look.
sorry for the late reply mate, if you could find some pictures I would be grateful. I've just got a reply from givi, which is a waste of time.

Good Morning and thank you for your email.

I would advise that for the 97-04 model of the Honda VTR 1000F the only compatible accessory we currently produce is a rear rack (part number) 251F and fitting instructions can be accessed and downloaded via the following weblink to the Givi.co.uk website; https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle#HO ... _(97_>_04).

so basically no help at all....... :thumbdown:

i'm sure I can make them fit, the tough bit is spacing them out over the high level end cans, and I will have to relocate the rear indi's :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

spacing them out over the high level end cans,
You'll need a sizeable gap to avoid melting :eek2

Or get some these secondhand
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Wicky wrote:
spacing them out over the high level end cans,
You'll need a sizeable gap to avoid melting :eek2

Or get some these secondhand
i'm planning on at least a 2cm gap between the rack and the cans, I could always put some heat resisting matting on the back of the hard panniers, but I doubt i'll need it.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It'd be better to use more standard low mounted exhausts as the pannier frame kit will probably have to be more heavily modded to accommodate the extra width of hi-mounts.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I've found some - and I think I still have the two wingracks kicking about in the garage somewhere. I'll have a look later and see what remains. I used the link plate for the top case on my TDM but that's easily replaced. You won't be able to use high levels though.

The following don't show the mountings.

Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Lots of VTR pics on this site for inspiration. Have a look at the panniers on the yellow on the first page.

VTR Pic Archive
==============================Enter the Darkside