thermostat ?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
menace

thermostat ?

Post by menace »

what does this fitting go to on a us model 2001. i cant remember what it came off of :beer: .... also have a few tuning ?s i have found 4 holes drilled in my air box(just bought the bike) they are in the front corners of the air box. about 4mm in size i know this thing runs rich i was thinking i should fill them. i got a 4+ ig advancer stock air filter and dekelvic can slip ons. i was thinking i would plug the air box take the shim out of the needles and rock it like that. also i deleted the pair valve and put case breather filters on the tops of the vavle covers. im not going to do any track days so i dont think i will build enough pressure to get oil blowing everywhere. i know its a vtwin but i think it will be ok. help would be much appreciated this thing is crazy with how the smog system and the cooling system hooking to the heater valves on the carbs very weird.
Attachments
IMG_20170715_005911508.jpg
Martinz

Re: thermostat ?

Post by Martinz »

that's the temperature sender / switch for your temp gauge. :thumbup:
VTRDark

Re: thermostat ?

Post by VTRDark »

And the nodule above it is a blank so ignore it as nothing connects to that. On the airbox your not talking about the holes under the foam filters are you as you mention corners :confused There's one or two holes that need filling where the Pair system connected but they are not in the corner. IIRC they are more towards where the rear of the oil catch tank is.
==============================Enter the Darkside