Mid MCCT Job - Rounded Head

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Mid MCCT Job - Rounded Head

Post by sirch345 »

Brapscallion wrote:Thanks gents! :thumbup: Was out of my comfort zone by the carb trumpets, so it was all downhill from there really! :lol:

sirch345 wrote: Remember to turn the engine over by hand a good few turns before pressing the start button, just to make sure all the valves clear the pistons.

Good luck,

Chris.
Thanks for the heads up! Would it be obvious that the valves weren't clearing my pistons?

Does it matter which way round the engine's cranked?
No point in me reposting what Carl (VTRDark) said, as he has explained it very well :thumbup:
VTRDark wrote:Turn the engine over manually from the crankshaft anticlockwise a couple of turns. It should all be okay unless you have messed up the timing badly. You would soon know if there was a problem as it would not turn and you would feel the pressure of valve meeting piston. Don't try to force it if you feel this.....not to be confused with the compression pressure/resistance as the crank turns over the high point. This is simply a safety check before you start the engine.
Chris.