wiring issue or not?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
j4weeson

wiring issue or not?

Post by j4weeson »

Hi all,

I've had my storm now for nearly a year, trouble free! Just noticed something which may lead to a future problem. Anyway been out on the bike and it was starting to get dark and i noticed that every time i press the front brake the side lights come on 50%( ie not fully on as compared to when they are switched on)?? :confused I assume that's not normal? When i switch them on theres no problem and they are bright and everything works.

I was wondering if anyone else could shed some light (pun intended :lol:) on the situation

Thanks in advance

Jason
Watty

Re: wiring issue or not?

Post by Watty »

Check earth connection on rear light!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

Thanks ill give it a check over :thumbup: . The front side light and dash lights also come on? Is this all realted to the earth at the tail light??
Watty

Post by Watty »

j4weeson wrote:Thanks ill give it a check over :thumbup: . The front side light and dash lights also come on? Is this all realted to the earth at the tail light??
Most likely! Just give all connections a good check over.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

Finally got round to checking over the connections. Couldn't find anything obvious or out of place. Problem seems to have sorted itself out :think: Got MOT on Saturday afternoon so will get another run out on bike then.
Thanks for the help
Watty

Post by Watty »

j4weeson wrote:Finally got round to checking over the connections. Couldn't find anything obvious or out of place. Problem seems to have sorted itself out :think: Got MOT on Saturday afternoon so will get another run out on bike then.
Thanks for the help
Good luck :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!