Steering damper for 954 blade

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
ebenviljoen

Steering damper for 954 blade

Post by ebenviljoen »

Evening gents, I am sure the question has been asked before but cannot find a thread. Is there a way of fitting a steering damper to my storm and its 954 blade front end? I have read before if its been set up correctly I wouldnt need one but it will make me feel better when out and pushing it...
agentpineapple

Re: Steering damper for 954 blade

Post by agentpineapple »

depends. if it's a side mount damper then yes, you just need to get the correct size clamp that fits onto the end of the damper and around the fork leg. iirc you might need a 50mm or 51mm.
now if it's a yoke/tank mount, that's trickier, as the bolt pattern on the tank is different from the storm to the blade. it can be done, as I know someone that's done it, but it will depend on brand of damper, some have kits to fit and some don't.
worst ways you might be able to get an engineering firm to make you a piece to make it all fit.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

Thanks for the reply mate, i dont mind what setup it is really, if the side mount is easier I will go for that. Ill see what I can source
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Mine looks like this but it is not the up side down forks