Oil cooler line fittings

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
E.Marquez

Oil cooler line fittings

Post by E.Marquez »

A recent used custom oil cooler thread http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/ge ... post401972 got me thinking on this again...
The VTR1000F uses a funky o ring sealed press in oil line fitting on the end of the oil cooler line which is retained by a small fastener, as seen on the left side of the pic.
VTR1000F oil line fittings.jpg
VTR1000F oil line fittings.jpg (23.69 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
Over the years I have seen a few custom fittings like those on the right side of the pic, that adapt the Honda design to a threaded port you can use a standard AN fitting in.

The custom ones I see are always anodized blue, and always look like what is in the pic leading me to think it is a production piece, not just a one off bit from a race shop, machined then sent off to be anodized..

I feel certain the VTR is not the only motor using this oil fitting design and if I knew what other model bike used it, perhaps we can source the fitting for that model bike, vice a less popular VTR

So the question is////// Has anyone seen these fittings for sale?
Do you know of another motorcycle model that uses these same type oil line fittings.

I have made SS braided lines using the OEM steel fittings removed from a set of OEM lines, and it works, but is not an elegant solution.
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
mik_str

Re: Oil cooler line fittings

Post by mik_str »

would like to know this as well...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Found one source made for a honda car, need to message them and see what the fitting dimensions are, may not be the same size as our bikes use.
https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd ... duct=33655
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
Stevo Kifaru

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

I bought a second set of oil lines from ebay, took them to Pirtek (in Coventry) then got them to make up custom hoses for me using the original end fittings, cost me about £20.

*Edit* I think you are in the USA E Marquez? So guessing knowing about Pirtek in Cov won't be much help to you, sorry.... :oops: