VTR converted to VFR handle bars-How to

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tevie54

Re: VTR converted to VFR handle bars-How to

Post by tevie54 »

I'm in the middle of doing this conversion and I'm determined not to have to trim the fairing and i think I've sussed it, there's enough flex in the fairing to put a rubber spacer between the mirror brackets and the fairing and so lifting the fairing just enough to clear the switchgear when on full lock.
With a small spacer fitted to the lockstops as well I can go full left and full right without any contact or trapping my thumbs between the bars and tank
bertye

Post by bertye »

A small spacer fitted to the lockstops is a good idea as you say a bit tight with buttons the tank. I was going to do the same on mine but never did. What did t you do to them?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I found the easiest way to fit adjustable lock stops (needed in my case when I fitted usd forks) was to file off the lock stops, then drill and tap a hole in that location.
Screwing in a cap headed Allen screw gives you a robust but replaceable lock stop, for fine adjustment fit a stack of washers beneath the cap head.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tevie54

Post by tevie54 »

I drilled and tapped an M4 thread into the front of the lockstops and fitted some button headed screws, the lock is slightly reduced but not enough to cause any problems