What epoxy for carb slide?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: What epoxy for carb slide?

Post by VTRDark »

We better ask Mikstr then :wink: :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

cybercarl wrote:We better ask Mikstr then :wink: :biggrin

That works :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You funny fooker :lol: Well that put a smile on my face and made me chuckle. :)
What a great way to wake up. :beer:

Now onto the slide hole. The size of the hole can be played with or should I say finely tuned which will move it one way or another...less vacuum or more vacuum. Yes? Which in turn controls the amount of lift. This will have an affect on the speed of the needle. So maybe one is better off with a different needle profile by this stage...go with a leaner or richer needle rather than play with the lift holes.

I suppose what I'm asking is. In your opinion what are the differences between adjusting the slide holes versus the needle profile. Apart from it being easier to play with lift holes than buy different profiled needles for these bikes.

==============================Enter the Darkside
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Sorry...been a week of hospital fun and I missed this one.....

So for the first bit, yes the lift hole is the same size and location in both the stock & HRC slide.The only difference is the number of holes.

As for the difference in changing lift holes or needles,
The lift hole (and slide cut out if you have different slides) is for the low mid-range
The needle is the mid-range to almost wide open

So down low (around 4K but under 5K) lift holes, above that needles but like always, change one and the other change a bit also.

Don't think the P\N for the slide will help much.....lol

and the real interesting one.......

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Twitchy

Post by Twitchy »

Bit of thread resurrection, but its my thread so its ok 8)
With regard to the OP, I did source some Plastex earlier this year, and I have done a test with some airbox offcuts. Now the airbox is PP-MD30 (which I found out is polypropylene with 30% mineral powder filler), and the Plastex remains flexible after 1 1/2hrs. I have tried twice, once with a very small chamfer, second time with an approx 1.5mm chamfer (the material is 3mm thick) and cleaned with carby cleaner. I could still fold the piece, and peel the Plastex off with no evidence of it bonding.

So my question is, which Plastex are you guys using? My original order was for the PP product, but the guy rang me and told me I don't need that one, the normal stuff will be fine. He actually was very helpful, but now doubting the recommendation. I will be calling him tomorrow.

Also, anyone know what the carb slide material is? Is it PP as well?
06 VTR1000F; bits by Jack Flash, Erik Marquez & Jamie Daugherty. SP/954 front and SP2 rear in the works.
Build thread; http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36638