Solo seat cover

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Cadbury64

Solo seat cover

Post by Cadbury64 »

Hi all, I decided I needed to make my VTR a bit faster, and so I ordered a new solo seat cover from my friendly Honda dealer, and picked it up today.

All I have received is the painted plastic cowl, but as the fiche only shows an assembly I was expecting a few more bits.

My question for the assembled masses, is whether I need the extra rubbery bits that I see in the parts fiche? Looks like a rubber block under the cowl, and a piece of trim that fits on the front lower edge of the cowl, presumably to avoid damaging the seat fabric.

Thanks for your help and advice.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
lloydie

Re: Solo seat cover

Post by lloydie »

You don't need them but they tidy it up and stop it from having a sloppy fitting.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

2#could be made from black tube cut down one side,superglued on otherwise you will ruin your seat.. and the others are just med hard rubber blocks.The side pieces re glued to the inside of the side,at the mounting lugs, curving over the lower edge, the rear is behind the rear tang and in front of the rear cowl edge
Last edited by rollingthunderx2 on Fri May 29, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Thanks fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
thrumbler

Post by thrumbler »

I know this is an old post, but as I found it while looking for info on the edge trim (item 2 on the fiche above), others might find this useful.
I did not fancy the high price of the getting genuine article delivered. So I bought a metre of 7mm high by 5mm wide edge trim for £3 delivered from here and it fits just right.
https://www.edgetrims.co.uk/product-cat ... u-channel/
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks thrumbler that's most appreciated. I just ordered some as I need a bit. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside