stripped firestorm pics needed

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
scottyhatchi

stripped firestorm pics needed

Post by scottyhatchi »

Hi everyone my bike frame and parts are finally coming back today hopefully and due to the amount of time been away etc im a little worried i dont rebuilt correctly ,
So i was wondering if anyone can help with any pics they may have of any firestorms stripped with no fairings that can help me see where things need to be put such as wiring loom etc when putting the frame bak onto the engine etc any and all pics will be a great help and appreciated . thank u :D :D
Wicky

Re: stripped firestorm pics needed

Post by Wicky »

Pg 21 - 27 of the downloadable PDF manual has some line drawings of cable and wiring routings. Haynes manual is also well illustrated.

VTR microcfiche for reference some bits & bobs (keep in mind there are some differences between US and UK spec bikes) http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26 ... l/VTR1000F

Did you take any pics when you stripped it down?
Last edited by Wicky on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

i did mate but this has been such a mess on in the time since stripping i lost my mobile with pics on i lost my home so had an emergency house move etc etc things just went completely out of plan and organisation . :thumbdown:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

From having to re-run half of BSM's loom I can tell you that from where the half way junction is at the battery the main loom runs on the lower part of the frame that runs parallel with the top of the radiator. Once you get to the radiator it runs back up on the front side of the bar that is in front of the airbox. Once there the temp sender unit and tps run across the front to the opposite side, and the rest of the loom runs up the side of the headstock (there's is a clip there) and then along the left side of the fairing bracket.

At the middle point you have the big white plastic cover where you have the main plugs including the fuel tank warning light that sits in front of the battery. The rear part split into two and one loom runs either side of the subframe.

I think the best thing to do is think of the complete wiring loom as a Y with the split in the middle at the battery, the two where it splits go to the rear either side of subframe and the other runs along the frame and up to the front to the fairing bracket. It's pretty easy to work out what plugs into what and the positions of the smaller wires that run off from it.

It's a good idea to have a friend on their storm to help so then you can use thier bike to make comparisons if you get stuck :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

thanx cybercarl .. yea i know wud be great if i had a local storm rider to me that could come over n let me match up to his bike so i could see exactly where things went wud make life so much easier like lol but dnt know any1 with a storm here . couldnt even find sum1 to try my new cans for me ha ha
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Scotty,
Update where you are, its funny who just stays round the corner-
This forum sure brings all "walks of life" together for the common cause..
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

im in horden next to peterlee co durham sr8 :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

scottyhatchi wrote:im in horden next to peterlee co durham sr8 :D
Why not add your location in your profile so that it appears when you post? Saves having to tell everyone where you are when you need a bit of help.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

oh i thought it did ha ha ill look now .
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

there we go done it ha ha never realised it didnt say it lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:clap: :clap: :clap: And I thought you were in the pub :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

na home on xbox being boring tday lol
:D :D
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

my frame has came bak with all the bolts etc all pulled off it grrrr .... ya na ya have the lock nuts well ya have the big thread bit that goes in frame and the small thread bit where the castle locks go on do u know where they go ?? as in front middle or rear there 3 holes but only 2 have screw in bits and 1 is big and the other is small ?
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

has anyone got a pic of where the front spark part bolts to frame and which way in or out the spark lead goes ?
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

anyone have any pics they can send me of the front wiring showing where the wires go like in or out the forks etc which way to rought them safely please if want my mobile number to send pics to my phone just inbox me or comment and ill inbox my number thank u