Instrument Panel

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
boz

Instrument Panel

Post by boz »

Have done a wee search on the forum but either I'm useless or I just can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I have seen that a few owners have changed their instrument panel bulbs for coloured ones, especially blue and red ones (although I've also seen a mention of yellow). I want to do mine now, but am not having much joy finding ones as I aint too sure which ones to get.
Can anyone tell me what is the best colours (combinations) and where they got theirs?
CBR900rr Fireblade
agentpineapple

Re: Instrument Panel

Post by agentpineapple »

i done mine yesterday, t10 led bulbs are fine. i've got ultra bright white led's behind the black faced speedo and red led's for the white dialed rev counter.
just remember that they only work one way around, so if it don't work rotate it 180 degrees and it should be ok.... :thumbup:
if your doing it, then do it properly get enough white leds to replace all the warning lights and then the coloured ones for the 4 bulbs in the main dash, i got mine from ebay....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

hi boz

this is the type i have used, mine have been in a few years now and have been spot on mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-W5W-501-X ... 1e617d724b

use what ever colour you fancy

a tip i would give would be to smear some vasaline on the rubber boots when you put them back in, helps stop moisture / crap

if exposed these type of led can suffer, left one in the shed and it went crappy after a while, but in the bike they have been good no problems

Not pictured well but you get the idea
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Ultra White behind the speedo and blue for the tacho/temp gauge.

Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
boz

Post by boz »

Cheers Jester666 for taking the trouble to post your pics......panel looks really good. The ultra white in the speedo is just what I want, I've always had problems at night with that.
CBR900rr Fireblade
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

I've got red ones in at the min. After seeing the white ones behind the speedo, I think I'm going to change to that instead...how many bulbs do I need to replace all behind the clocks? I can't remember!! lol :oops:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

wombles it, ordered 3 pairs.

If I need any more then I can order them, if I need less then I've got some for the headlights lol :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
Soon

Post by Soon »

Hi guys my vtr 1000 revs up when in neutral but when driving it governs at 5000rpm as the speedo and odo dont work the odo just shows lines------- like this any help plz
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Check the leccy connectors for the instruments and the check /replace speedo sensor/sender cable.
driving it governs at 5000rpm
Is that a false indication or is it stuck revving beyond 5k ??
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Soon

Post by Soon »

When in neutral and standing stil it revs all the way but when driving only cuts at 5000 but ill check speedo sensor
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Trroubleshooting things to work through > Engine Miss Fires at 5000rpm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40698&p=441940&hili ... 00#p441940
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts