Fuel Capacity

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Wicky

Re: Fuel Capacity

Post by Wicky »

VTRsquid wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm How does the reserve work on these bikes? Im used to bikes where you just do the old reach around and flip it manually when it starts conking out, stop at the next servo and voila, you now know how far and how many liters.
On my 06 i get to like 170km and it starts flashing at me, went an extra 20, making it 190 and it took 15l, so there is another 4 to go? So theoretically another 40k to go. You just keep riding then? No actual "reserve" to speak of, just a sh1t fuel gauge?
Take with you a top-up fuel container and see how how far you can go after low fuel light starts showing till it runs dry - as range thereafter will depend on the individual set up with your level sender, wether urban (stop start) or A or Motorway riding and how you use the throttle - so could be anywhere between 10 to 30 miles.

Basic rule of thump is fill up when you get to 70-80 miles and see a petrol station if not before....
Last edited by Wicky on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Yeah might have to. Cheers.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:10 pm No fuel gauge, just the RLOD (red light of death). The mileage you are getting is about right, the tank is small. But... if you brim it with the bike upright you can fit in 16.5 litres to a completely empty tank. Fill it on the side stand and it's about 15 litres.

Most Storm owners carry a syphon hose under the seat.
LOL, that's true.
Call my wifes Ninja 650R the "Tanker" have borrowed fuel more then a few trips
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training