Rear shock

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dazza2910

Rear shock

Post by Dazza2910 »

Ordered a new Nitron rear shock recently and was told it uses the original bearing. So ordered a new one. Ain't no way it's going to fit though as you can see in the picture.

I've attached a screenshot of the parts fiche too. I ordered part 19. Should I have ordered part 5 instead that is the collar/cushion?

Will email Nitron in the morning, but just wondering.ImageImage
Dazza2910

Re: Rear shock

Post by Dazza2910 »

So I was initially told after I bought the shock that I should replace the lower mount bearing so I ordered one.

New shock has an internal bearing in the end eye so you don't need the standard one at all. The shock will bolt straight in as it is.

Glad it was only a few quid wasted for the bearing!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad you got it sorted okay :thumbup:

I'm at a bit of a loss on how you thought the brand new Nitron shock would't be supplied with the correct lower mount bearing for your bike in the first place. May be I'm reading it wrong :eh:

Chris.
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

I'd assumed that it would be a direct swap as it's built for that bike. But I emailed then while I was waiting on it being built and they told me it was worth changing the bearing on the bottom mount and that it was the same as the one for the standard shock. So I ordered the bearing!

Think it must have been the security guard that replied or something as the reply I got today said I didn't need anything extra.

An exhaust mount rusted into about 4 bits and the swingarm is away for a clean. Then I'll grease everything up and get it put back together.Image