one for the older gents

General Bike chat
fabiostar

one for the older gents

Post by fabiostar »

went and met up with a few guys on sunday for a wee blip on the LC..

what turned up had me doing a little mam wee :D the smell and noise was unreal. 1 400 and 3 750 triples ,two of the triples had higgspeeds on them, sweet lord

but i did get the big girl out later just to remind myself what was proper order :lol:

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Re: one for the older gents

Post by Duffy1964 »

Love the 70”s & 80’s two strokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Absolutely, I went everywhere on my T500 even did the Isle of Man on it .
Camped that year totally wet through for most of it and in the pub for the rest.
Got home early morning Mum wouldn't let me go to bed until I'd had a bath. Great times
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Nice photos Fabiostar. Good company for you and the LC :thumbup:
Bad choices make good stories :D
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Yep, I'm 'nearly' an older gent. Fond memories of those days when I was a Honda mechanic in a multi-dealership. Got to ride those bikes and those 750s were a terrifying piece of machine when we'd come from fairly ordinary CB 250s and 350s!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

WOW that's amazing, thanks for posting the photo's Fabio 8) 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

At the start i thought these guys will just bimble along :eek2 bimble my butt they ragged the things good and proper, was funny watching the shapes they got into :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

nigelrb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 am Yep, I'm 'nearly' an older gent. Fond memories of those days when I was a Honda mechanic in a multi-dealership. Got to ride those bikes and those 750s were a terrifying piece of machine when we'd come from fairly ordinary CB 250s and 350s!!
Get them spanners out and do the mcct
Come on man nuts don't change there shape!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Gotta love them kawasaki triples.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:57 pm
nigelrb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 am Yep, I'm 'nearly' an older gent. Fond memories of those days when I was a Honda mechanic in a multi-dealership. Got to ride those bikes and those 750s were a terrifying piece of machine when we'd come from fairly ordinary CB 250s and 350s!!
Ooh, I'm being spied upon :eek2 . The poor Storm is sidelined at the moment whilst I do some 'refreshing' on my 'new' old (2001) Pan Euro. :D And guess what? This thing has only a belt at the front!! :lol:
I'll drop one binless pic here lest I get admonished. :( (For the Pan or no bins, take your pick)
Attachments
s-l1600 (5).jpg
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

nigelrb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 pm
Richard wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Ooh, I'm being spied upon :eek2 . The poor Storm is sidelined at the moment whilst I do some 'refreshing' on my 'new' old (2001) Pan Euro. :D And guess what? This thing has only a belt at the front!! :lol:
I'll drop one binless pic here lest I get admonished. :( (For the Pan or no bins, take your pick)
Not by me. Always thought one would suit me. Comfy, well equipped and faster than a lot realise. You certainly have a diverse collection and all honda by the looks
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

love the big Pan, I have a spare headlight in the shed gathering dust if you want it, no use for me now.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

grumpyfrog wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 am love the big Pan, I have a spare headlight in the shed gathering dust if you want it, no use for me now.
Thanks very much for the generous offer. I am already hoarding so much stuff for my baker's dozen bikes. I know it would just sit in my sagging loft. :thumbup:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

what cans are on there? My original ones were worse than tissue paper. Ended up re linking a set of remus carbon ones on. You know, to save a bit of weight :lol: :lol:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

grumpyfrog wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:49 pm what cans are on there? My original ones were worse than tissue paper. Ended up re linking a set of remus carbon ones on. You know, to save a bit of weight :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I saw many with suspect exhausts. It seems early VFRs suffered similarly. This has a Delkevic stanless full system. Nice note; a tad loud for the average old fogie tourer, but fine for me.

And the weight? Frig me. For those of us used to hauling around reasonably 'nimble' sports bikes in the sub-200 Kilo region, this thing is like trying to cuddle Daunting Dora from Overeaters Anonymous! :eek2