so at last

General Bike chat
fabiostar

so at last

Post by fabiostar »

well this has been building for a long time in me, i spent the 80s on these things and started buying and selling some bits and some storms through my hands and today i went to look at this and bought it. i will get it home on tuesday. its not a garage queen but u good honest un touched bike other than the motor was removed and sent of for a health check and all seals ,pistons etc changed as it hadnt been used that much...

just a bit chuffed.

just had a short ride on it but god it felt good and smelt great :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Re: so at last

Post by Dickiebig »

Enjoy, that looks a cracking fun bike.
I would so love to have a go on a T500 again just to see how it compares to my memory.
And a you say that 2T smell 🤣🤣
Good luck with your new toy 😁👍👍
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Might not be a 'garage queen' but surely very close to a princess! Very good condition and will not (seemingly) appear to need much done.

Other point is no matter what you paid, you will never lose on those things. Always heavy demand! Are you going to enhance it with a drop of 'R'? :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Love it. Looks very clean and standard.....will you be able to resist putting a new front end and expansion pipes on it?
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I used to moan to myself about my 350LC, “this is ridiculous, high quality two stroke at about the same rate as petrol, pulled over on a regular basis, I’ve got to swap it!”. Then I’d start it and within a second of selecting first was swearing eternal love for it, and growing horns playing at GP racer! I don’t think any bike has had me so mentally conflicted! :twisted:
That looks a lovely little bike Rob, have fun.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Looking good fabiostar - enjoy :smoke1: :D
Bad choices make good stories :D
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

plans for it are very little, a good check over, fluids,oil,brakes,touch up any wee marks on the frame and kinda leave it that way.

tho......

if i can find a nice set of spannies they are going on :clap: :clap:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Very nice and clean LC Rob well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
popkat

Post by popkat »

Bike looks great Rob :thumbup:
tyres look a bit on old though.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:39 pm well this has been building for a long time in me, i spent the 80s on these things and started buying and selling some bits and some storms through my hands and today i went to look at this and bought it. i will get it home on tuesday. its not a garage queen but u good honest un touched bike other than the motor was removed and sent of for a health check and all seals ,pistons etc changed as it hadnt been used that much...

just a bit chuffed.

just had a short ride on it but god it felt good and smelt great :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is Ace Rob, I would be well chuffed too with that too :cool2 :clap:

Enjoy :thumbup:

When you get the spannies sorted out please do give us a Youtube video :D

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

popkat wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:12 pm Bike looks great Rob :thumbup:
Was thinking the same when I saw the front tyre. Would wanted that replaced urgent
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

popkat wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:12 pm Bike looks great Rob :thumbup:

yeah it will need a new set of boots just so i know what im starting with :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Very nice and very clean by the looks of it
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Back in the day when I worked for MCN in the advertising office (very breifly...), I went to vist Peter Gibson.

Intresting method to make them. Shapes were cut from flat sheets, two bits, welded together one had an adapter welded on to it. This was then conected to a high preasure water pump. This when fired up it blew the pipes into shape... Trim off the ends & you have a perfectly shaped exhaust, expasion chamber & all. Shape the end to fit the flange, fit the end can & ring a ding ding...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...