Replacement seat for VTR?

General Bike chat
Tourist

Replacement seat for VTR?

Post by Tourist »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's still replacement options available on market like sargent or corbin?

Lähetetty minun SM-G965F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Wicky

Re: Replacement seat for VTR?

Post by Wicky »

See if there's a local vehicle seat upholster near to you who can refoam/recover or try elsemade.com

I use this firm local to me (old school mate) > https://colchester.cylex-uk.co.uk/compa ... 21616.html

Or obtain Sargent / Corbin seat from US
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I would suggest coming along to a meet and actually trying other seat options. Last time out I think we had 4 different ones, as mentioned above, and it was surprising who liked what and who didn't like others depends on the size of your derier and riding style.
Replacement ones are costly, so try before you buy.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Tourist

Post by Tourist »

Coming to a meet might need a bit of planning because of where I live (Finland). But the main reason for wanting a new seat is that the original can get a little uncomfy on longer rides and the second thing is that I keep sliding a bit towards the front of the seat. I ordered a pair of anti-slip rubber pads for the tank so that might help a bit.

Lähetetty minun SM-G965F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Finland, now what more excuse do you need to get over here.
I'm sure Gabi will be along soon to give you hints, he had 3 aftermarket ones at 1 point. I have a Sargent 1, it's fine for my fat butt/lanky legs but some find it too wide
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I Tried gabis Corbin seat for a morning in Wales, and I hated it.

It stopped me getting froward, right up to the tank for spirited riding on the twisties (I like to keep the front wheel loaded, don't care too much what the back is doing, but I need to feel what the front is thinking). and it also made getting your butt cheeks off the side for cornering much harder.... So it spoiled the dynamics of the bike in the corners, And to top it off I didn't find it comfortable either!

I had mine modified with a gel insert and that makes it a bit taller on the front, but it's still not perfect. Got a local seat guy to do the work, so you should be able to find some one in Finland.

Another option is to buy a damaged seat base in the UK and have it posted direct to Elsemade (mentioned above) and get him to convert it and recover it then Post to Finland.
AMcQ
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Or padded cycle shorts - make you bot look like a baboon in heat!

https://www.myproscooter.com/best-padded-bike-shorts/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Might get those Wicky it matches my bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

:lol: :thumbup: :cool2

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:14 am Might get those Wicky it matches my face ImageImageImage

There fixed it for you...No charge... hehehehe...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Cheers Mac what would I do without you

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project