it's goodnight from me

General Bike chat
scouse645

it's goodnight from me

Post by scouse645 »

I just want to say thanks to all who have helped me since i bought the VTR, unfortunately someone half inched my locked up bike last week, the first i knew was a note from the cops in the morning, they had it recovered, i went to see it but decided to leave it there, as they wanted £150 to release it, and there was damage to all locks and seat and the butt end hanging off with wires everywhere, not worth spending the money on a 20 year old bike, i couldn't get it home anyway, big excess for theft on the policy to, no need to inform insurer, i don't have anywhere better to put another one so that's it for me, had bikes for 48 years but never had one nicked, put me right off, not worth much but it had value to me, when i needed the alarm it didn't work :x
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: it's goodnight from me

Post by Pete.L »

That’s really crap. Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than being an innocent victim.
Sorry it’s put you off bikes at the moment. It’s the little scrotes that took its fault, not yours.
Hopefully you’ll come back to it when you’re ready

Pete.l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

Pete.L wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm ImageImageImage
That’s really crap. Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than being an innocent victim.
Sorry it’s put you off bikes at the moment. It’s the little scrotes that took its fault, not yours.
Hopefully you’ll come back to it when you’re ready

Pete.l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, appreciate it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

little scummy fookers need shot... but take a rest and see if you miss having a bike about you :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Sorry to hear the crap news, but... Never let the b8stard get you down! that's what I say.

I passed my test when I was 19.. I had been bombing around for a few weeks on a old Honda CX500 with a sidewinder attached giving me a third wheel and a nice loophole in the law seeing as I was on L plates and everyone I knew was popping about on 125's... As I said only used the CX for a short time and I got lucky and grabbed a cancellation for bike test.. did it, passed it and a week later was out hunting for an upgrade. Found a lovely... and I mean mint US import 1988 CBR1000 which was only about 3 years old when I had it. I loved that bike for the whole 2 weeks I owned it. Parked outside the house, lock on it, broad daylight. No front garden to my Mums house so people sat no more than 10 foot away and I had only left it 45 mins.... no one saw or heard a thing and it was never seen again. Seeing as I was quite young, just spent 4k far what was a great bike... I was gutted. Din't take me long to get over it though. Realised it's life... it shouldn't be but with so many assholes about, what can I do... what I did was decide there and then that no matter how many bikes got stolen or whatever was to happen in the future I was never gonna let my hobby or passion be ruined because of some other scum. I shouldn't have to feel bad or have a hobby spoilt because of someone else's bad decisions so now.. as much as I love my bike and ofc wouldn't want it stolen.. I wouldn't care for long and would be out looking for a replacement soon after.

It's always raw when it happens so take a little time.. maybe somewhere down the line you will feel a bit different.
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

Shauned71 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:05 pm Sorry to hear the crap news, but... Never let the b8stard get you down! that's what I say.

I passed my test when I was 19.. I had been bombing around for a few weeks on a old Honda CX500 with a sidewinder attached giving me a third wheel and a nice loophole in the law seeing as I was on L plates and everyone I knew was popping about on 125's... As I said only used the CX for a short time and I got lucky and grabbed a cancellation for bike test.. did it, passed it and a week later was out hunting for an upgrade. Found a lovely... and I mean mint US import 1988 CBR1000 which was only about 3 years old when I had it. I loved that bike for the whole 2 weeks I owned it. Parked outside the house, lock on it, broad daylight. No front garden to my Mums house so people sat no more than 10 foot away and I had only left it 45 mins.... no one saw or heard a thing and it was never seen again. Seeing as I was quite young, just spent 4k far what was a great bike... I was gutted. Din't take me long to get over it though. Realised it's life... it shouldn't be but with so many assholes about, what can I do... what I did was decide there and then that no matter how many bikes got stolen or whatever was to happen in the future I was never gonna let my hobby or passion be ruined because of some other scum. I shouldn't have to feel bad or have a hobby spoilt because of someone else's bad decisions so now.. as much as I love my bike and ofc wouldn't want it stolen.. I wouldn't care for long and would be out looking for a replacement soon after.

It's always raw when it happens so take a little time.. maybe somewhere down the line you will feel a bit different.
Thanks for that, no doubt will feel better about it in time.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bad news indeed.
It's probably worth getting it back, you'll get around 500 for the parts if you break it.
Be careful the police dont start charging you storage....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:10 am Bad news indeed.
It's probably worth getting it back, you'll get around 500 for the parts if you break it.
Be careful the police dont start charging you storage....
Thanks, it's not the cops who have it, they call out a company that recovers stolen vehicles, nice little partnership there i think, they let me have a look at it, after i had seen the mess i said i couldn't afford to pay for it, she states that on the details, i asked what happens next, she said they sell it or destroy it and tell dvla, i said you won't be chasing me for money will you, she said no, hopefully she was telling the truth, i couldn't face arsing about with it all, no way of getting it home anyway.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sorry to hear this news. Sad when private companies have deals like this tied in with others misfortunate events and making money off the back of other peoples misery. I once lost a bike because I had a crash and was laid up in hospital where storage fees for my bike built up to the point where it was not worth the costs. One would expect that tax paid to the Police is not only for capturing the crim's but also to help victims of crime too. Sometimes I think the criminals get more support than the victims. They can easily get legal aid when needed and any other free services to help and support them. Geez free room and board for the night too in some cases. :roll:

Really what should happen if a bike is stolen then found then it should be locked up in a Police pound and when they are finished with it, forensics or whatever, then they should be returning it to it's rightful owner. That could be a division of the police force and not passed onto a third party business, but then crime is one huge business from both sides. If it wasn't it wouldn't exist or at least exist to the extent it does. Crim's keep the police employed, not to mention the CPS and courts and the police keep the crim's employed. It's a two way street with a bit of give and take kinda like a partnership. Similar to big Pharma and medical treatment.
==============================Enter the Darkside
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:09 pm Sorry to hear this news. Sad when private companies have deals like this tied in with others misfortunate events and making money off the back of other peoples misery. I once lost a bike because I had a crash and was laid up in hospital where storage fees for my bike built up to the point where it was not worth the costs. One would expect that tax paid to the Police is not only for capturing the crim's but also to help victims of crime too. Sometimes I think the criminals get more support than the victims. They can easily get legal aid when needed and any other free services to help and support them. Geez free room and board for the night too in some cases. :roll:

Really what should happen if a bike is stolen then found then it should be locked up in a Police pound and when they are finished with it, forensics or whatever, then they should be returning it to it's rightful owner. That could be a division of the police force and not passed onto a third party business, but then crime is one huge business from both sides. If it wasn't it wouldn't exist or at least exist to the extent it does. Crim's keep the police employed, not to mention the CPS and courts and the police keep the crim's employed. It's a two way street with a bit of give and take kinda like a partnership. Similar to big Pharma and medical treatment.
cheers for that, when i looked at it the crime scene people where there, she told me they had fingerprints, 4 days later i had an email from the cops saying they had closed the case, that was very thorough i thought :? good job i phoned dvla as they told me to send the yellow part of the registration document back saying it was stolen and recovered and i was not in possession of it anymore, i'm sending that today, if the cops told me about it when they got it i would have walked it home, it was only about 500 yards away when they got it, i would have enjoyed breaking it up and selling the parts, but i refuse to pay to get it back, especially as it appears to be part of the nice little fiddle going on.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sorry to hear of this as well. I can't imagine how gutted you must feel.

How annoying and vexing to find out your bike was only a short distance away from your place when the police found it.
A good job you phoned the DVLA too.

I can understand why you feel reluctant to pay to get your bike back,

Chris.