U.K. Question

General Bike chat
VT1000r

U.K. Question

Post by VT1000r »

I got to thinking, if you knew me you would of left after that lol, but anyway I was wondering since this is a U.K. site if y'all have any American bikes over there in the U.K. if you haven't heard of a brand called Boss Hoss y'all Should look them up all I'm going to say is V8s.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: U.K. Question

Post by sirch345 »

Yes I have seen on TV and in bike mags the Boss Hoss motorcycle. It's a beast of a machine I'm sure. Most likely not for me, but I would definitely like a test ride on one :D

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Yes have heard and seen videos of Boss Hoss and thought "what's the point" :thumbdown:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

I saw a video where one was getting done in a straight line on the back roads by an older model R1. Nothing fancy either, looked mostly stock.
Seems like a real expensive way to not turn or stop and still not be that fast. Auto gearbox looks like it would be a pig to use too.
I think if i really wanted to scream "look at me i have a small pen1s" id get a turbo 'busa.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

all I'm going to say is V8s.
[/quote]

There's a man in the UK named Alan Millyard built a bike with a Dodge Viper V10 engine.He's on you tube.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Im big on the "To Each His Own" kind of thing... Heck there are plenty of VTR builds on this page and the US one that Id never own, want to ride or have a hand in building.. But as Im not doing any of that, who cares.. To each his own.

BUT if there is a good reason to build something pointless just because you can....
This is more my style
67329[1].jpg
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
VT1000r

Post by VT1000r »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm all I'm going to say is V8s.
There's a man in the UK named Alan Millyard built a bike with a Dodge Viper V10 engine.He's on you tube.
[/quote]

Yea I'm seriously thinking of moving to the U.K. Or somewhere like that because y'all get the coolest bikes like early 90s i4 cbr 250rr zrx400 i4 and much more.
VT1000r

Post by VT1000r »

VTRsquid wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:08 pm if i really wanted to scream "look at me i have a small pen1s" id get a turbo 'busa.
LMFAO :lol: that's a lot more true than I want to think.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

VT1000r wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 pm
VTRsquid wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:08 pm if i really wanted to scream "look at me i have a small pen1s" id get a turbo 'busa.
LMFAO :lol: that's a lot more true than I want to think.
Seems many/most have turned to Harleys for their condition... f***in' posers.... and the Boss Hog is just another posercycle (on steroids)....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's not that far off the new Triumph 2.5 l three-pot.

Wouldn't mind a go on either, but I would definitely NOT take either to a Storm meet up :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popkat

Post by popkat »

One of my customers has Boss Hoss, I MOT it every year, it weighs not far off 600kg 8O not the easiest thing to test. it's nice looking if you like that sort of bike, it has an auto gearbox but not a direct one, anyone ever driven something like an Iveco auto truck/van ?, it's like that, when you open the throttle there's a delay so you have to anticipate it moving off from standstill, and when it does go there's about a million ft/lb of torque at tickover :lol: Need to be very careful.. and it's huge has very wide bars, hardly a fun thing to ride I would imagine, more about the show.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

popkat wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:22 pm One of my customers has Boss Hoss, I MOT it every year, it weighs not far off 600kg 8O not the easiest thing to test. it's nice looking if you like that sort of bike, it has an auto gearbox but not a direct one, anyone ever driven something like an Iveco auto truck/van ?, it's like that, when you open the throttle there's a delay so you have to anticipate it moving off from standstill, and when it does go there's about a million ft/lb of torque at tickover :lol: Need to be very careful.. and it's huge has very wide bars, hardly a fun thing to ride I would imagine, more about the show.

yep, a posercycle... totally useless...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

^ yeah they are the natural evolution of everything that is wrong with HD and HD owners lol. Not that ive got anything really against cruisers these days , ive softened a bit in my opinions. If i was going to be a poser this new BMW thing looks pretty classy, build quality looks like its through the roof. I'd be interested to see what other variants they come up with.
Forget about the pretentiousness of the promo vid with hipster yammering on about the essence of what it means to drink pumpkin spice latte, it was the only vid that was short and had broom broom noises in it, albeit hard to hear over the w4nky slide guitar and all the jibberjabber