Carbon fibre

General Bike chat
Bennyboy

Carbon fibre

Post by Bennyboy »

Evening all how’s everyone doing? I’m currently in a position to be able to have a set of carbon exhaust hangers made up for me butttttt I have some concern about getting them done. I’m thinking even though carbon fibre is pretty strong do you think they could fracture due to the vibrations these’s beasts cause.

What are you’re thoughts
Kev L

Re: Carbon fibre

Post by Kev L »

There are a few companies that produce carbon hangers, both for the Storm and for things such as Aprilia. As long they are robust enough they should be ok.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I had carbon fibre straps on mine and all was good.No problems.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Kev L wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm There are a few companies that produce carbon hangers, both for the Storm and for things such as Aprilia. As long they are robust enough they should be ok.
I did find some from ackroprovic but they’d been discontinued and that’s the only ones I could find hence going down the route of having some made, do you know who else makes them?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good quality carbon fibre is strong....really really strong and sometimes stronger than most metals. It all depends on the quality and the amount of layers used and how they are layered and vacuum packed together. I can tell you first hand that the Akra hangers are super strong. I have crashed and put a huge dent and tear in a TI can and the hanger was not damaged and that's with landing right on it. Sadly good quality carbon fibre products are not cheap. On the downside Carbon Fibre does not like the Sun and does fade so needs good UV weather protection and waterproofing. You don't want water getting in-between any layers as it will then start to blister and lift.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

iirc rob de hoo in Holland sells copies of the akra carbon high level exhaust hangers.
I have akra originals and as mr dark says, they are crazy strong.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I also have the Akra originals on my bike also and will agree with the others that you would have to really try to get one to come apart :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.