How and where to sell up the VTR :-(

General Bike chat
rmh

How and where to sell up the VTR :-(

Post by rmh »

Is there still a market for a one owner very low milage 1999 VT1000 - yes 20 years old !

Manual CCT fitted and Black bellypan / Scorpion Exhausts (Removable Baffles)
(All original parts included)

I have finally come to the conclusion its time to sell up - after a 20 year "affair" (don't tell the Mrs)

Took it to the MoT station today and got a clean 1 year ticket - with no hassles or advisories ....

But felt a pang of guilt as with just fresh fuel it started no issue - and pulled like a train once warmed up - but I have other bkes and it just does not get the use as its too much sports bike position for my older knees / back etc.....its just "too good" to leave it in the garage.

But the more spacious and comfortable bikes always get first shout....and i have even gone from the vTwin boom to an inline4 (shh) - but via a KTM 950 Supermoto and a Ducati Multistrada....

With so few on the market is there a demand still - and how can i value it ?

Also Where is the best place to advertise - there are very few on MCN / Auto Trader and i don't like ebay much - too many scammers and time wasters... :-(

Any advice welcome

Thanks
Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
Duffy1964

Re: How and where to sell up the VTR :-(

Post by Duffy1964 »

Any photos showing condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Rob,
Firstly congratulations for having her for 20 years. They are very attachable.
You need to be realistic about what her sale value is, I've spent between £800 and £3500 on my Storms before and apart from looks all have been great bike. Just don't look at "trade" prices at these are way too high.
I'd stick her on here first just to see but there are 2 or 3 up for sale here. I've my current one from here, last 1 I got of gumtree. Other by private add.
Get some photos up here so you can see what reaction you get.
All the best with the sale.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
rmh

Post by rmh »

Thanks - gonna post it up later on here first for a couple of weeks- with some new photos.

Rob
Rob Hunter

bigbadjonno

Post by bigbadjonno »

I can't see the pics on your Sale post (and I can't reply to it as I don't have enough posts yet). Can one of the Mods have a look?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

bigbadjonno wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:06 pm I can't see the pics on your Sale post (and I can't reply to it as I don't have enough posts yet). Can one of the Mods have a look?
You need 8 more posts to hit the magic fifty before you can PM folk.

vtr1000.org Rules and Regs - Please Read
11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigbadjonno

Post by bigbadjonno »

Cheers Wicky, I know that, but I can't see the pics. Just wondering if it was just me or if there's a problem on the post.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigbadjonno wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:42 pm Cheers Wicky, I know that, but I can't see the pics. Just wondering if it was just me or if there's a problem on the post.
Its you pics show fine...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
rmh

Post by rmh »

Hi ... I have done a link to a Google album of the pics ... Hopefully this should help...

Rob
Rob Hunter

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 pm
bigbadjonno wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:06 pm I can't see the pics on your Sale post (and I can't reply to it as I don't have enough posts yet). Can one of the Mods have a look?
You need 8 more posts to hit the magic fifty before you can PM folk.

vtr1000.org Rules and Regs - Please Read
11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.
Thanks Wicky for pointing that out :thumbup:

Chris.
rmh

Post by rmh »

Pictures are now on the advert ...just pm if you have any questions ...

:beer:

Rob
Rob Hunter