Front Fork Brace

General Bike chat
Nutsy

Front Fork Brace

Post by Nutsy »

Hey guys and gals,

I'm after a front fork brace. There's one on eBay for a hundred quid, but any trade secrets as to other models may fit the 'storm?

I've already set the trail, sorted the oil etc etc. I'm after one for the placebo effect and looks more than anything. :lol: .
Wicky

Re: Front Fork Brace

Post by Wicky »

Fork brace wanted. For standard VTR forks > viewtopic.php?f=39&t=42585&p=465538&hil ... ce#p465538

Re: Steering Stem- the weak link > viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41973&p=458701&hili ... ce#p458701

Re: You only get 1 mod..... > viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40480&p=438653&hili ... ce#p438653

Can anyone identify this fork brace? > viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40428
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

So basically, rare items or be prepared to dig into pockets for a new one. :cry: .

Will keep an eye out on eBay. I have one other question and may aswell ask here instead of creating a new thread, the 2 little rubber mounts that the K and N filter comes with.. how important are they? An ebay seller just told me he hasn't got them with the filter he's just sent me, perhaps I can butcher my existing filter for the 2 plastic parts?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nutsy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 pm So basically, rare items or be prepared to dig into pockets for a new one. :cry: .

Will keep an eye out on eBay. I have one other question and may aswell ask here instead of creating a new thread, the 2 little rubber mounts that the K and N filter comes with.. how important are they? An ebay seller just told me he hasn't got them with the filter he's just sent me, perhaps I can butcher my existing filter for the 2 plastic parts?
You need them. You'll also find you'll need a dyno to set it up properly with the K&N...good luck.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

+1 on K&N needing setting up with a few dyno runs / dynojet kit . Not a plug&play mod on VTR.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28029
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

fork brace wise heres the easy cheap way to do it, get a cheapy chinky one for a CB1300 or XJR1200. use the forkleg parts of it, they mount onto storm legs, then make your own ally/alloy plate to join them, works a treat..

ta da... the centre bit i just have to remake outa heavier gauge plate but toral cost under £30

yes in that pic they are on blade forks but i had it when i was using the storm forks before i changed

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Looks nice Fabio! Cheeky one.. would you be able to make another plate if I went down that route? Time is no issue and plenty of beer money would head your way?

Ahh okay baldrocks. On my last Firestorm the K and N made a positive difference with no rejetting necessary, so will wait and see if it's the same story this time.

What exactly do the little mounts do? Will probably see if I can hack away at the old filter!

Cheers.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

il check if i have anymore plate sitting bout me here..
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 am il check if i have anymore plate sitting bout me here..
You could always take the plate of the wife's wedding ring that she thinks is solid gold....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 pm
fabiostar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 am il check if i have anymore plate sitting bout me here..
You could always take the plate of the wife's wedding ring that she thinks is solid gold....
lol its long gone lol its now a intake stack :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 pm
It's good that she takes an interest in your bike.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:26 am
fabiostar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 pm

It's good that she takes an interest in your bike.

yeah mostly along the lines of, are you not dead yet so i can sell that thing lol :eek2 :eek2
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Nutsy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:43 pm
What exactly do the little mounts do? Will probably see if I can hack away at the old filter!

Cheers.
Those little rubber blocks are very important. They seal the foam filters (which are also very important) for the carb diaphragms.

Without the filters you suck dirt into the carbs and then the into the engine.

Without the blocks, the carb slides "see" the air inside the airbox.
Because the pressure in the airbox changes, it can cause all kinds of odd problems.

So all those little bits are actually needed for the bike to run properly :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

8541Hawk wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:38 pm
Nutsy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Cheers.
Those little rubber blocks are very important. They seal the foam filters (which are also very important) for the carb diaphragms.

Without the filters you suck dirt into the carbs and then the into the engine.

Without the blocks, the carb slides "see" the air inside the airbox.
Because the pressure in the airbox changes, it can cause all kinds of odd problems.

So all those little bits are actually needed for the bike to run properly :thumbup:
Plastic weld the airbox CV vents and put a 16mm K&N engine breather on each carb.
With pairs and catch tank gone too, come airbox fitting time there is little to connect or foul. Simple is good