New navigation device

General Bike chat
jchesshyre

New navigation device

Post by jchesshyre »

Just seen an ad on facebook for this: http://beeline.co - the first useful ad that's come up on my facebook feed, ever. I really like the idea of this - a nice halfway-house between blindly following sat nav with almost no navigation skills required, and having to stop to check maps etc.

I can't really afford it at the moment but am rather tempted to buy it and try it out, bearing in mind they have a 60-day money back guarantee.
KermitLeFrog

Re: New navigation device

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Pre-order. Available 19 February. Same price as a Garmin Zumo. Hmmmm.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Cheapest zumo I can see is £299.99! Which one is £110?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I like that kind of navigation, I used to program my walking GPS for use on my bike. I would put waypoints in at each junction and a direction to turn, and the rest of the time I just followed the road.

worked well, and made you look at the road signs so you were learning your way round
AMcQ
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:12 pm worked well, and made you look at the road signs so you were learning your way round
This is exactly what I mean. Whenever I do an unfamiliar route, I always mean to plan a route and use old-school list of waypoints/road numbers but always end up just using google maps on my phone, and I don't like the feeling of almost total detachment from the navigation process.

I'd be just as happy with a phone app that uses the same kind of interface so will have a look for one...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

True. It looks like the Aldi Zumo days have gone and I admit it has a certain attraction. Being like the old paper road-books. It's how I used my GPS before they had maps. But... Where-ever you want to go you need to program your phone first and there is a total lack of other information. I'll be surprised if it goes on to sell well.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:05 pmI'll be surprised if it goes on to sell well.
So will I, really. It looks nice and it certainly caught my eye, but I don't think I'll be buying it.

Looks like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... psarrowpro might do the job for this kind of navigation.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Wow,that's kinda weird looking.....
I bought an old skool nuvi 2340,just trying to find the right mount.
Gonna definitely fit it soon as it has the facility to show PETROL STATIONS..... :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

TaxiDriver wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 am Gonna definitely fit it soon as it has the facility to show PETROL STATIONS..... :lol:
Yup. It's the USP of my Zumo. However, it doesn't show if they are open.... Like the little one in Reeth on Sundays.... Don't ask me how I know.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 am
TaxiDriver wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 am Gonna definitely fit it soon as it has the facility to show PETROL STATIONS..... :lol:
Yup. It's the USP of my Zumo. However, it doesn't show if they are open.... Like the little one in Reeth on Sundays.... Don't ask me how I know.
Er ...so how do you know & was the push a long way ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...