Stopping bike theft. Getting council to put in cameras in motorbike parking bays?

General Bike chat
Mr.wolf

Stopping bike theft. Getting council to put in cameras in motorbike parking bays?

Post by Mr.wolf »

Just seeing if anyone has tried this or has any ideas of the best way to go about it.

I live in north London there's a public motorbike parking bay by the house outside a restaurant, not tucked away.

Yesterday my friends hornet got stolen from there, the police have no budget for this and don't seem to give a damn which is why I feel people keeping theiving bikes because there's no consequences.

I had my blackbird nicked from there last year, they tried to nick my exes bike in broad daylight and next time she used it was on the a406 and her brakes weren't working properly, could of died and was obviously related to when they tried to steal her bike.

I've had oil thrown on my bikes there covers stolen on a weekly basis. The solution shouldn't be that we all have to have garages.. we should be able to safely park our bikes like every car driver out there.

Anyone got any ideas about getting cameras installed in these bays? Maybe a petition or writing to local mp or something ?

Thoughts ?
fabiostar

Re: Stopping bike theft. Getting council to put in cameras in motorbike parking bays?

Post by fabiostar »

A 12 bore shotgun is what these scumbags need... :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Stopping bike theft. Getting council to put in cameras in motorbike parking bays?

Post by sirch345 »

You could try your local MP (as you mention) first of all and see what sort of response you get,

Chris.