Show us your street Storms (WARNING Mac don't look now pic's added)

General Bike chat
bobbler

Show us your street Storms (WARNING Mac don't look now pic's added)

Post by bobbler »

It seems opinions are quite split on these bikes and although I'm a fan of some street bikes I never used to feel that the storm looked right unfaired until recently where a few have started cropping up on Faceb*** which actually look pretty good and almost factory.

Not sure I'd have the balls to street mine after the wiring nightmare I took on with a VFR RC36 a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to post a few shots of their street storms?
MacV2

Re: Show us your street Storms

Post by MacV2 »

bobbler wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm It seems opinions are quite split on these bikes and although I'm a fan of some street bikes I never used to feel that the storm looked right unfaired until recently where a few have started cropping up on Faceb*** which actually look pretty good and almost factory. :lol: :lol: :lol: No they dont...

Not sure I'd have the balls to street mine after the wiring nightmare I took on with a VFR RC36 a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to post a few shots of their street storms? Please don't I've run out of eye bleach...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 pm
bobbler wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm It seems opinions are quite split on these bikes and although I'm a fan of some street bikes I never used to feel that the storm looked right unfaired until recently where a few have started cropping up on Faceb*** which actually look pretty good and almost factory. :lol: :lol: :lol: No they dont...

Not sure I'd have the balls to street mine after the wiring nightmare I took on with a VFR RC36 a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to post a few shots of their street storms? Please don't I've run out of eye bleach...
:lol: :lol:

OK not factory (I was stuck for words :lol: ) but some I've seen recently do look a lot better than the usual crash damaged, cobbled together, cable tied, pair of renthals and twin headlight "street fighters".

The Storm is a great looking bike without stripping it down but I'm interested to see what others have done.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I'm with Mac on this with bodged up & anodised blinged 'fightered' storms - though seen a couple featured in America that pass muster in style.

There's one on Superhawk forum that's well crafted with thought applied on how to move the exposed side radiators.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/c ... post408054
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Check out Scubadog for the definitive look :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

now you mention it. this forum has very few storms naked. :whatever ...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 pm now you mention it. this forum has very few storms naked. :whatever ...
Fank Fek for that ! :lol: :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Wicky wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:58 pm I'm with Mac on this with bodged up & anodised blinged 'fightered' storms - though seen a couple featured in America that pass muster in style.

There's one on Superhawk forum that's well crafted with thought applied on how to move the exposed side radiators.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/c ... post408054
Oh dear!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bobbler wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm It seems opinions are quite split on these bikes and although I'm a fan of some street bikes I never used to feel that the storm looked right unfaired until recently where a few have started cropping up on Faceb*** which actually look pretty good and almost factory.

Not sure I'd have the balls to street mine after the wiring nightmare I took on with a VFR RC36 a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to post a few shots of their street storms?
Everyone to their own opinion I know, but off the top of my head here are a few I do like a lot (sorry Mac :wink: ) ones which have been built to a very good standard, not just thrown together.

Scubadog's that Kev L mentions is one of my all time favourites

This one by Alex Zemlin from the Superhawk forum

My apologies to the owner and builder of this bike for not remembering who you are. If anyone remembers who's bike this is :?: or the owner see's this, please let me know

Then we have our Duffy's, although to be fair his is not quite finished yet, but is showing good potential :thumbup:

I've most likely left out others that deserve as mention, my apologies to those members,

Chris.
lloydie

Re: Show us your street Storms (WARNING Mac don't look now pic's added)

Post by lloydie »

I still like the one with the tube frame
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Actually some very tidy looking storms, the second one,the red bike, how is it cooled as i cant see a rad on it? oil cooler but no rad?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Fabio: got photos of Irish Daves 2? definately unique, loud and dirty, but well maintained and can bloody shift?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:48 am Actually some very tidy looking storms, the second one,the red bike, how is it cooled as i cant see a rad on it? oil cooler but no rad?
Big long radiator under the seat with fans and long plumbing hoses. You can just see it berween the lower subframe and the grilled tail cutout.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Oooooohhhh I'm felling ....

:sick:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:Oooooohhhh I'm felling ....

:sick:
Not more time off work !!