K-Tech 20SSK Fork Piston Kit

General Bike chat
Beef

K-Tech 20SSK Fork Piston Kit

Post by Beef »

Has anyone tried this kit? Have been thinking about what to do for my bike, I can't afford a complete front end swap (time more than money) Saw this on Brooks website and was curious if anyone had any experience with it. It is fitting only - they will not supply which adds a bit more - but that also suits as it saves me a bit more time!!

20ssk fork piston kit

Thoughts welcome :)
Wicky

Re: K-Tech 20SSK Fork Piston Kit

Post by Wicky »

K-Tech kit £229.99 + springs to match £84.98 + adjusters £74.99 + fitting £149.99

Send the forks to Roger
The fork “tune” that I offer for Street and occasional Trackdays will cure all the well documented VTR front suspension issues.
It consists of different linear springs to suit your weight, different shims, different oil grade, different air gap, modified spacers, modified OEM valves, modified damper cartridge and modified damper rods. The cost of this is £275.00 (forks sent by Carrier) and this includes return carriage to any UK Mainland address.
If you wish the forks to be fully reconditioned with new oil and dust seals as well as replacement guiders and sliders there is an additional cost of £90.00
I generally receive forks on a Tuesday or Wednesday as the guys take them out over a weekend. If that happens I usually return the forks on Friday of the same week so they can re-install them over that weekend and can go for a “Sunday run”. Having said that, I do only work part time these days so you must contact me before you send the forks.
Here is the info I need inside the parcel:-

1) Your weight with your riding gear on
2) Your usage eg Street and occasional T/Days
3) Your RETURN address
4) Your daytime contact telephone number
5) Your Payment cheque for £275.00 (£365.00 reconditioned) or £385.00 (£475.00 reconditioned) made payable to R.J. DITCHFIELD
6) Send to:-

REVOLUTION RACING
SMITH GREEN DEPOT
STONEY LANE
GALGATE
LA2 0PX

Tel. 07970 915259
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Use this search term in google to find references to k-tech in forum threads

site:vtr1000.org K-Tech
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
popkat

Post by popkat »

K tech ss20 is no good, tried it in my race bike with Firestorm front end. No feeling at all, way too much compression damping. Sent them off to Maxton and they kindly sorted them for me and they are ace now.. Give Maxton a ring, they do their own piston kit, when you weigh up purchase and fitting costs they will be pretty even, Maxton will make the kit to suit your weight and style, K tech is an off the shelf kit that doesn't work on a storm.

This isn't a slate of K tech, they do some really good top notch suspension, it's just this kit doesn't work, even spoke to official K tech fitting centres that said they don't use that kit any more..

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Beef

Post by Beef »

Thanks Wicky, I'll give Roger a call.

Popkat, had Maxton 'sort' the forks on my S1, after sending them back twice I sold them on, f'ing hated them & Maxton weren't overly bothered with helping me sort them! Speaking with a few others, it appears Maxton have gone quite downhill in recent years. I appreciate the advice regarding the K Tech kit - but I'd rather put custard in than give Maxton another penny!.......But that's just me :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

2nd hand USD Blade front end did the trick for me.
It's a bolt-in, same headstock bearings but you need the clipon s as well.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beef

Post by Beef »

What year Blade Tony :?: :)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Can't be certain, I'm afraid.
An early 954 as I recall.
If you buy the complete front end you also get a nice six-spoke front wheel, and bigger brake discs.
Beef

Post by Beef »

Thanks Tony - I'll have a look but I probably won't find everything to fit my budget!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:36 am K-Tech kit £229.99 + springs to match £84.98 + adjusters £74.99 + fitting £149.99

Send the forks to Roger
The fork “tune” that I offer for Street and occasional Trackdays will cure all the well documented VTR front suspension issues.
It consists of different linear springs to suit your weight, different shims, different oil grade, different air gap, modified spacers, modified OEM valves, modified damper cartridge and modified damper rods. The cost of this is £275.00 (forks sent by Carrier) and this includes return carriage to any UK Mainland address.
If you wish the forks to be fully reconditioned with new oil and dust seals as well as replacement guiders and sliders there is an additional cost of £90.00
I generally receive forks on a Tuesday or Wednesday as the guys take them out over a weekend. If that happens I usually return the forks on Friday of the same week so they can re-install them over that weekend and can go for a “Sunday run”. Having said that, I do only work part time these days so you must contact me before you send the forks.
Here is the info I need inside the parcel:-

1) Your weight with your riding gear on
2) Your usage eg Street and occasional T/Days
3) Your RETURN address
4) Your daytime contact telephone number
5) Your Payment cheque for £275.00 (£365.00 reconditioned) or £385.00 (£475.00 reconditioned) made payable to R.J. DITCHFIELD
6) Send to:-

REVOLUTION RACING
SMITH GREEN DEPOT
STONEY LANE
GALGATE
LA2 0PX

Tel. 07970 915259
Roger Ditchfield would be my recommendation too.

As much as I like the look of USD forks, you will still need to have them reworked to suit your preferences and body weight to get the best from them,

Chris.
Beef

Post by Beef »

Yup, the reviews are great and it fits into my budget 8)
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:37 pm Can't be certain, I'm afraid.
An early 954 as I recall.
If you buy the complete front end you also get a nice six-spoke front wheel, and bigger brake discs.
you'll need an SP1 front end if you want a six-spoke wheel, the 929 and 954 used three-spoke...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Or an SP1 wheel with the 929/954 front end. That’s what Tony & I had in place. You do need to customise spacers.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes indeedy.
SP wheels are lighter, too.