Firestorm brakes

General Bike chat
Flatline

Re: Firestorm brakes

Post by Flatline »

I've just bought a pair of 600f4i calipers, which will arrive very soon

In the meantime, I fitted the 600f4 master cylinder, bought for £27

Unlike a lot of other comments about the brakes feeling wooden, I have found the difference amazing, so much better

Why not try the master cylinder first, see what you think?
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

When I tested my firestorm I was really impressed about the front brake, more after reading in the forums that this is not one of the best points of this motorbike. Very powerful with one single finger..
It was not until a month later, when I realize that actually my brake pump was not the original one! It´s a nissin radial pump, that, in my opinion, works very well. I've been lucky, I guess, good after-buy discover..
Some pictures.
brake2.jpg
brake1.jpg
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Flatline wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:01 am I've just bought a pair of 600f4i calipers, which will arrive very soon

Unlike a lot of other comments about the brakes feeling wooden, I have found the difference amazing, so much better

This is very interesting, and looking at the prices of used CBR600f4 master cylinders it's a very cheap upgrade! I think I might give it a try. Is it just a straight swap, and I'm guessing our brake lever won't fit?
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

It's a straight fit, I got mine with the lever attached so not sure about that

Someone on here will be along soon to let us know
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

felix barrao wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:05 pm When I tested my firestorm I was really impressed about the front brake, more after reading in the forums that this is not one of the best points of this motorbike. Very powerful with one single finger..
It was not until a month later, when I realize that actually my brake pump was not the original one! It´s a nissin radial pump, that, in my opinion, works very well. I've been lucky, I guess, good after-buy discover..
Some pictures.

brake2.jpg

brake1.jpg
You did well there :thumbup: is that with standard brake calipers do you know :?:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

jchesshyre wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:30 pm
Flatline wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:01 am I've just bought a pair of 600f4i calipers, which will arrive very soon

This is very interesting, and looking at the prices of used CBR600f4 master cylinders it's a very cheap upgrade! I think I might give it a try. Is it just a straight swap, and I'm guessing our brake lever won't fit?

No it's a differnt lever, so try looking for one with a lever with it, failing that buy a set of repo leavers as a pair & hope the clutch one fits...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:22 pm
felix barrao wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:05 pm When I tested my firestorm I was really impressed about the front brake, more after reading in the forums that this is not one of the best points of this motorbike. Very powerful with one single finger..
Some pictures.

brake2.jpg

brake1.jpg
You did well there :thumbup: is that with standard brake calipers do you know :?:
Chris.
Yes, standard calipers..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

felix barrao wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:52 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:22 pm
Some pictures.

brake2.jpg

brake1.jpg
Chris.
Yes, standard calipers..
Thanks for getting back to me :thumbup:

Chris.