MCCTs

General Bike chat
daz350

MCCTs

Post by daz350 »

Is there anyone in the gloucester area that could fit some mcct's on my bike.Not confident enought to do it myself.
gabi81

Re: MCCTs

Post by gabi81 »

A bit far for me im affraid...ride to west yorkshire and ill sort u out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

gabi81 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:10 pm A bit far for me im affraid...ride to west yorkshire and ill sort u out Image

How far are you from Darlington :wink:
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Im in huddersfield mate

Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

daz350 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:15 pm Is there anyone in the gloucester area that could fit some mcct's on my bike.Not confident enought to do it myself.
if you can get as far north as Worcester-ish ( east of the M5) and you can wait a few weeks till I have a free weekend, I can help you out
AMcQ
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

gabi81 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:53 pm Im in huddersfield mate

Only about 90 miles each way or 2 tanks of petrol :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I am in Gloucester. I am not a mechanic or particularly good on the spanners. However I did manage mine and would be happy to lend moral support and encouragement. However the young man in Worcester is technical and practically streets ahead of me.
Oh and he can ride abit as well. 😃
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:10 am However the young man in Worcester is technical and practically streets ahead of me.
Oh and he can ride abit as well. 😃
Damn! That's another area for me to avoid lest my crap riding skills be put to shame! :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

No you'll be welcome.......as long as your buying the beer 😃👍
daz350

Post by daz350 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm
daz350 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:15 pm Is there anyone in the gloucester area that could fit some mcct's on my bike.Not confident enought to do it myself.
if you can get as far north as Worcester-ish ( east of the M5) and you can wait a few weeks till I have a free weekend, I can help you out
Got mcct's fitted today thanks for doing it for me :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

No problem Daz..... Glad we managed to do it with out getting the alternator cap off
AMcQ
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 pm No problem Daz..... Glad we managed to do it with out getting the alternator cap off
Wow! Great result. Great camaraderie! Cheers to you AMCQ46 :thumbup:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Helping fellow members do the essential mcct seems to be a recurring theme on here!!!

But its a great way to meet fellow stormers !!!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Glad your sorted 😃👍
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

first time I have fitted a pair of Ade W's MCCTs, and they are a nice piece of work.

only comments are:
1) would be nice if the dome nut was locked to the screw with a roll pin rather than a lock nut, would look tidier and no risk of falling off
2) because they are so short, when doing the front CCT, getting a spanner onto the main locknut after setting is a right squeeze. best solution would be fitting an Ade one on the rear cyl where short is good, and the machined body is on display, and fit a modified std Bazza one on the front where the long body makes it easy to adjust.... and you cant see it.
3) although I already knew it was possible to fit & set MCCT's without taking the front cam cover off, we took it to a new level by also not being able to take off the center inspection cap... So we couldn't turn the engine over by the alternator nut to do the 1 and 1/4 turns from rear TDC to Front TDC. Yes it is possible to turn the engine from the rear wheel, but even in 6th with the plugs out, it is impossible to be smooth, and how many turns of the wheel is 1 and 1/4 engine revs?
Thankfully I have a spare engine under the bench, so with both its cam covers off, I could go from rear TCD, turn the crank by 1 and 1/4 turns and see what the cam position was on the rear cyl.... good news is it was a very obvious inlet cam at full lift. So then we go back to Daz350's bike and start turning the back wheel till the rear inlet cam is at full lift, then cross fingers and take out the CCT...... :thumbup: result.

Bazza, there will be 2 ACCT's being sent to you in the next few weeks
AMcQ