Chinese Fairings

General Bike chat
nigelrb

Chinese Fairings

Post by nigelrb »

Hi there.

I'm considering preserving the OEM fairings (1999 VTR) and installing Chinese, possibly Castrol.

Has anyone done this with success? Is there a preferred or reputable (?) seller? I do know that with Fireblades there have been some very 'iffy' fitments, so want to check about VTR first.

Also, was there a major model change from 1999 to 2000 or was 2001 a revision? Could fairing mounts be different? Thanks!
Wicky

Re: Chinese Fairings

Post by Wicky »

Also, was there a major model change from 1999 to 2000 or was 2001 a revision? Could fairing mounts be different? Thanks
2001 minor changes - the only way it could effect you is that late model decals positioning and style changed slightly changed.

Have a search for Chinese Fairings using top right to find threads on that subject - For a Castrol look you'd need to either get your tank (or back-up resprayed to suit or use a glue on plastic tank cover that seems an option from Chinese sellers.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Re: Chinese Fairings

Post by fabiostar »

i dont remember who i used but i got a set of fairing/bodywork from china for a ZX7R a few years ago and it was every bit as good as the oem stuff but it can be hit or miss.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: