Anyone else run Fuel exhausts?

General Bike chat
jchesshyre

Anyone else run Fuel exhausts?

Post by jchesshyre »

Does anyone else run Fuel silencers, and if so do you have the baffles in or out?

I keep the baffles in and although they're quite a lot quieter the bike still sounds nice, much better than stock. Periodically I decide it's not loud enough and take them out, only to consistently end up putting them back after a few days as although it's great fun with them out it starts to irritate me and the fuelling goes a little fluffy at small throttle openings.

It definitely makes more power up at the top of the revs without the baffles, at the expense of some lower end crispness (as you'd expect) but actually I can do without a mod that encourages me to keep revving out in each gear as I'll end up either having a crash or losing my licence :o
BigVeeGrin

Re: Anyone else run Fuel exhausts?

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:thumbup: I've got them. Used to have them in mainly for waking up the neighbours reasons when leaving early in the morning.

Now I've moved and just got the MOT it's off with the standards and Fuel's back on - I'll start with the baffles out as in the underground car park it's in now it'll sound like the dead wakening on the street
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Haha nice one! FYI mine (and my CB500) has always passed MOTs without comment with Fuel silencers fitted, with the baffle in.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I have the on mine. With the baffles out they are fcuking loud, in they are loud.
The local mot station issued me with an advisory last year and said they would not pass this year. Good job I still have the oem ones.
My friend says he prefers it when the baffles are in if he happens to be behind me.......but he is one of thoses that won't be behind for long.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I can confirm they are LOUD!!!
Good for letting people ( or the police) know you are coming but bloody annoying on a long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

😃 baffles back in now
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I have a Fuel exhaust on my V-Strom and only ever run it with the baffle in. It is allegedly road legal with the baffle in but I had to chuckle at the racket it made at the MOT station the other week but the tester didn't seam to mind it.

Al.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

What are these baffles you all talk off lol :eek2 :eek2 :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: