No more buying motorcycle acid batteries online like we have done!

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

No more buying motorcycle acid batteries online like we have done!

Post by sirch345 »

According to this, no more buying motorcycle batteries online with a separate acid pack from 1st July 2018, unless you have an EPP licence.
https://www.yuasa.co.uk/2018/06/importa ... n-be-sold/

More about it here too:-
https://www.adventurebikerider.com/new- ... batteries/

Chris.
podman

Re: No more buying motorcycle acid batteries online like we have done!

Post by podman »

Well, I can understand why but most of us buy gel batteries or the more committed types lithium nowadays so in reality, it may not affect us to much.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh I don't know. I bought and Yuasa with the seperate acid a couple of weeks back off eBay. I still have it sitting here with no acid put in yet. But it's ready and waiting for when my bike gets to that point where I need a battery. I find that Acid battery last better than gel and if you let one go tottaly flat there is better chance of recovery than with gel. But yes Litthium will be my next one. I would have got one this tme around accept I was trying to save a few pennys for other bits.

I bet this is due to increase of acid attacks. Yet if I wanted to go and buy a gallon of Phosporic acid I most likely could. Are they going to ban drain cleaner next. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. Punish the inocent who happen to be the majority becuase a few idiots are throwing acid in peoples face. Put more money into the policing FFS and catch the barstards.
==============================Enter the Darkside
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:26 pm I bet this is due to increase of acid attacks. Yet if I wanted to go and buy a gallon of Phosporic acid I most likely could. Are they going to ban drain cleaner next. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. Punish the inocent who happen to be the majority becuase a few idiots are throwing acid in peoples face. Put more money into the policing FFS and catch the barstards.
Change acid to guns and it sounds just like the US. :angel:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

podman wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:04 pm Well, I can understand why but most of us buy gel batteries or the more committed types lithium nowadays so in reality, it may not affect us to much.
I did the same as Carl, bought a Yuasa battery complete with separate acid pack last year. It appears sellers will still be able to send you a sealed battery if they add the acid before sending it.
I'm not keen on a li-ion battery as I don't want my backside or bike barbecued :lol: although I'm sure they are a lot better than they were when they first came out with much less chance of them catching on fire now.
VTRDark wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:26 pm Oh I don't know. I bought and Yuasa with the seperate acid a couple of weeks back off eBay. I still have it sitting here with no acid put in yet. But it's ready and waiting for when my bike gets to that point where I need a battery. I find that Acid battery last better than gel and if you let one go tottaly flat there is better chance of recovery than with gel. But yes Litthium will be my next one. I would have got one this tme around accept I was trying to save a few pennys for other bits.

I bet this is due to increase of acid attacks. Yet if I wanted to go and buy a gallon of Phosporic acid I most likely could. Are they going to ban drain cleaner next. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. Punish the inocent who happen to be the majority becuase a few idiots are throwing acid in peoples face. Put more money into the policing FFS and catch the barstards.
Yes, acid attacks are the reason this licence has been introduced.
That's my point exactly, punish the innocent,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Change acid to guns and it sounds just like the US. :angel:
Heeeee heeee yeh we are evil here, shooting people is the the easy way out. We torture people with injuries for life :biggrin It's just stupidity really as there have been a few acid attacks nothing widespread but it's got media attention and whenever anything gets media attention not only does the isssue increase but things change. I don't know why they are making such a big deal out of it really. Are they going to ban scooters next becuase of the increase of crime on scooters. Mugging, riding into shops and robbing them etc etc. Often the acid attacks are coming from young hooligans on scooters so maybe that's why they are picking on the bikers.

This is only going to encourage them to find something else and may even agitate them to say f**k you try and stop us. Bleach or maybe a strong alkali solution that can be found in household products or anything else. It's like ban knives we make a shank or use acid, ban acid we will find something else. Banning or creating having to have a license does not stop things from happening and that includes guns IMO. It simply means you move to a different angle of attack which may even turn out to be worse. So it's try to prevent one problem by creating a new one. It also piss's people off and encourages anger that can then turn those that previousley would not have been on that side of the law to join them, especially if they end up in povery and fighting for survival or have been locked up for a misdemeaner like selling a bit of dope so they mix with the wrong crowds, make new contacts, get out and their job (income) has been taken away and they have a vengeance against society for locking them up.

It's polotics and as we all know poloticians only care about bigging themselves up to get votes which pays them a nice wage and gives them a better lifestyle. Screw the rest of us hence why there are issues which grows and creates even more poverty which encourges more of the behaviour wer'e talking about. It's a vicious circle and untill politicians stop thinking about themsleves and how they can win votes and actually start thinking about how they can make life and society better for people it's ony going to get worse especially now the unemployment rate is going to massivly rise as machines and tech take over the jobs making folk redundant as well as reducing the wage that folk get who are lucky enough to have a job. Why work for £8 an hour which wont even buy a pack of cigarettes slaving for some comapany when one can spend less hours selling a bit dope and make far more in less hours. The wages from something like that balance better with the expensive lifestyle that the companies and society impose on us. So there are much bigger issues at play here and trying to control acid like this wont help or change things. They will just break the battery's open or have an insider working for one of the companies that sell it.

It's not rocket science. But the majority of people are stupid and have been dumbed down and brainwashed by the state and the media so will most likely think this is a good thing they are doing with buying batteries as they only see what's on the surface rather than the bigger issues at play. They then go and vote for that polotician or party claping hands and what a wonderful idea that was :lol: Most of the people that will go and vote for them are mostly the ones that are sorted anyway and have money so have no idea what it's like to be on the other side and living in their own bubble. So it ends up with them having the same attitude as the poloticians. Look out for No1 and f**k the rest of them. Rather than dividing society up we should we bringing people together to live in a world of equality but we are human and humans are not only greedy but are animals like the rest of the planet so it comes to down to fighting for surviaval. Let the hunt begin.

The biggest problem that this country has is that it's all take take take with the expense of living whether that is paying for food or paying a fine, eco tax, congestion charge, expensive products, energy bills and the employment and wages don't balance out so there is no giving. We cannot survive in a society where it's take take take and no give give give. The scales have toppled too far in the wrong direction so it's the same old rich get richer and poor get poorer. And becuase the rich are protected we now have poor fighting the poor for survival. Prey on the weak and vulnerable. There's one simple solution to it. Create jobs and increae the minimum wage to match what people need to live a better lifestyle. How is it fair that managers can do less work, not all them but those at the top of big companies, corporations do, and earn more than the workers who work harder. Not only that but a lot of these companies get away with paying no or very little tax. The human race is shooting itself in the foot. The biggest killer is technology. It could even be all the rules and laws that are killing us as they are so complicated and there are so many legal loopholes to be expolited. Abolish the lot of them and live by the 10 commandments. The majority of the rest of them are designed to bring profit.
==============================Enter the Darkside