Concern?

General Bike chat
uk13iker

Concern?

Post by uk13iker »

Got lightened flywheel waiting for me at post office and quickshifter on its way my question is will these put any extra strain/load on an already weak link in the CCT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KermitLeFrog

Re: Concern?

Post by KermitLeFrog »

No (IMHO)
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'm not sure what exactly causes the std CCT to fail, when it goes. We know it's caused by a weakened spring but it doesn't seem clear what actually triggers a failure. It's just a time bomb, it'll quite possibly go off, but you can't tell when.

However, as changes in tension of the cam chain will place demands on the spring tension, the quicker these take place, and the frequency of the change, (how often) have to be the main factors.

Given that, both a qs and a lightened flywheel are likely to make the engine speed change more quickly than without them fitted, and so I would think that it was more likely to cause an earlier failure than would otherwise have taken place.
At least fit a new CCT with a stopper mod....

There's no point having a qs and a lightened flywheel fitted to a wrecked engine.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

New autos with stopper mod is my next thing and that’s exactly my thought and concern I think they could add to a potential failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

get them time bombs out of your engine :eek2 . be it manuals or stoppers get them changed :thumbup: .

as far as the flywheel goes Lee. and both mine run them and quite a few guys are now running them no reports have came back to me about engine problems..my own way of looking at it flywheel wise is that it gives the engine or at least the main bearings an easier time. you havnt added anything but you have taken a dirty great weight of that side of the engine, Honda designed these engines like big old tractors so they are over engineered from new.

iv also found they run a lot smoother not having a dirty great brick spinning round on the end of the crank :clap:
the only reports that have came back to me so far is that the lightened flywheel can cause the rider to ride like a Richard lol :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

look forward to hearing what you think of the quick shifter as its something im liking the look off :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: