Worth a look?

General Bike chat
loinstallion

Worth a look?

Post by loinstallion »

Spotted this one on auto trader. It's had manual CCTs put on so someone has paid it some attention. Anyone know the bike it's probably worth a look I think?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... make=HONDA
popkat

Re: Worth a look?

Post by popkat »

Looks ok, just average all weather ridden condition, paint coming off wheels, horrid fake carbon stickers on the seat unit, no seat hump/cover. looks like it's been crashed at some point as the clutch cover looks grazed. I think for what they are selling for the price is a bit high. Keep searching, if your happy to pay £1900 you'll find a nicer one, don't just go for manual tensioners, if the bikes good then just fit some soon as you've vaned it home.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

popkat wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm Looks ok, just average all weather ridden condition, paint coming off wheels, horrid fake carbon stickers on the seat unit, no seat hump/cover. looks like it's been crashed at some point as the clutch cover looks grazed. I think for what they are selling for the price is a bit high. Keep searching, if your happy to pay £1900 you'll find a nicer one, don't just go for manual tensioners, if the bikes good then just fit some soon as you've vaned it home.

Makes sense, cheers.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

decent enough looking bike, if you fancy it hit him for a lowball offer you never know :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Bike looks ok but a bit overpriced and the fitting of mcct's is a bonus but it's not that big of a job to do yourself,so don't let it sway you.It is from a dealer so you have got some piece of mind with some kind of a warranty.At the end of the day you pay your money and take your chance on a bike that is 20 years old.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

Bought it, well put a deposit down until I see it, cheap as chips got a service and a fresh MOT put on as well if all goes to plan. I'll report back when I get hands on!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice one, hope it turns out a nice one :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: