Michelin Pilot Road 2

General Bike chat
jchesshyre

Michelin Pilot Road 2

Post by jchesshyre »

I know others have said this, but it seems as if these tyres are especially well-suited for the Firestorm.

I tried Dunlop Qualifier 2s before these (obviously a totally different type of tyre and not the best in Winter) and wasn't bowled over (although there was nothing wrong with them). Before them I had Michelin PR4s which again I wasn't totally wowed by - of course they are an upgrade compared to the PR2s (and now they've brought out PR5s!) but something about the way the bike handles with the PR2s feels *so* right. I feel more confident on it (even in this weather) than I have with any other tyre I've tried on it, and the grip seems superb. And they're cheap now! I really hope they stay being available for some time. I've kind of fallen in love with the bike again on a whole new level :D
fabiostar

Re: Michelin Pilot Road 2

Post by fabiostar »

iv never tried any of the PR range but i always hear good things about them
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

agree .. i tried the PR3s and 4s and then went back to the 2s
AMcQ
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I ran the PR2's on a couple of occasions and enjoyed them.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pr2 are my go to tyre love them and will happily fit them to my next bike .
I’ve used they in all road and track condition and put my life on them . Great feel ,milage ain’t bad either .
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I used the PR2 for a bunch of years, then the PR3 when they came out, not the PR4... For fast street use they wear well and grip predictably.. In that they do not grip as well as Pilot Powers or other all out street / track day tires.... but what i do like about them is predictable sliding and outstanding wet weather traction.

So funny story...
Got stopped for what was at the time reckless driving.. Copper (a ,military police copper) said I was out of control when I went around the corner, he observed me out of control and he was citing me for reckless driving (riding)
His supervisor showed up as they are apt to do..
I asked if I could explain..he said yes
Officer was I exceeding the speed limit? No, you were going 28
Did I leave my lane of travel? NO
Did I effect any other driver in any way? NO
OK, so I go around that corner 4 times a day, twice each direction at least, and have for the last 5 years I know exactly what this bike will do at the legal speed limit (30 mph) and below...

What your officer observed was not reckless, it was actually anticipated, intentional and done with forethought and skill, not accident.
If I can show you, that 10 out of 10 times I can go around that corner at the same legal speed, staying in my lane every time, never impeding other traffic and slide the rear end out those same 3 to 3.5 feet each time,,,,can we agree this was not "reckless" not a loss of control?

He agreed... On the 5th lap he waved me over and said fine,, no citation..... but pretty sure if I do that tomorrow in front of another MP, Im getting stopped again...
I spent 4 more years on that post,,,,always looked better for MP's before going around that corner... :biggrin Never got stopped again
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training