carb service

General Bike chat
skye2skye

carb service

Post by skye2skye »

Hi all just wondering what sort of cost i would be looking at to have my carbs serviced and balanced ..not a clue as to how to do t myself ..they are running lumpy at the mo
Cadbury64

Re: carb service

Post by Cadbury64 »

I'm a DIY kind of guy and have invested in carb balancing gear as I have three bikes to play with. However there are some neat and very cheap methods for dealing with a two-cylinder bike that cost nearly nothing. All you need to do is match the vacuums in each carb, so the actual values don't matter.

Regarding "servicing" what do you expect to have done? The only servicing that I would do is to remove the carbs, remove the float bowls, clean out any crud, then unscrew the main and low-speed jets and do the same. You only need some carb cleaner and basic tools.

Don't mess with the pilot screws, or if you do make sure to carefully count the number of turns to screw them fully in and write this down, and put them back the same way.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
skye2skye

Post by skye2skye »

Thank you may see if I can give it a go
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

skye2skye wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm ..not a clue as to how to do t myself ..
Board index > Bike Shop > Workshop > The Workshop Knowledgebase > How to balance your carbs

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18430
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts