Frame Brace

General Bike chat
Martinz

Frame Brace

Post by Martinz »

Hi all.

New year means I can Finally start building the Special... first of many questions

Ive tried a search but am after information on the frame brace up the front end of the frame, just above the radiators.

Thanks. Al
8541Hawk

Re: Frame Brace

Post by 8541Hawk »

There are lots of pics around of the different bracing and once I figure out the new way to post pics I can add some.

Though the first question would be, How much engine are you planning on putting in the bike?
Just asking because it is very easy to get a V-twin too stiff and actually make the handling worse through bracing.

IMHO unless you are in the 130 RWHP range and running sticky tires frame bracing isn't needed with a VTR. In fact the VTR likes to run wide on corner exit when too stiff.
For the street and\or lower power builds a braced swingarm and a decent front end\triple clamp is all you will really need.

Though if you want to still brace it, no worries as it does look cool and I will post up the pics I have once I get sorted.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

8541Hawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm There are lots of pics around of the different bracing and once I figure out the new way to post pics I can add some.

Though the first question would be, How much engine are you planning on putting in the bike?
Just asking because it is very easy to get a V-twin too stiff and actually make the handling worse through bracing.

IMHO unless you are in the 130 RWHP range and running sticky tires frame bracing isn't needed with a VTR. In fact the VTR likes to run wide on corner exit when too stiff.
For the street and\or lower power builds a braced swingarm and a decent front end\triple clamp is all you will really need.

Though if you want to still brace it, no worries as it does look cool and I will post up the pics I have once I get sorted.
Hawk I've been using imgur since photfukit screwed it up...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41262

It's easy enough for me to suss it out & use it successfully so it must be easy...

Oh & it's good to see you back... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Thanks mate :thumbup:

Im more just after information on the frame brace to take in to option when the frame goes off next month to the engineer.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I have one of these done by Roger Ditchfield. Can add a few pics tomorrow if you wish
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Wicky wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 pm Re: New bike - Moriwaki race vtr > viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27111&hilit=moriwak ... 45#p243530
Nice wicky . Thanks for that :thumbup:
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

StormyRob wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 pm I have one of these done by Roger Ditchfield. Can add a few pics tomorrow if you wish
Yea mate if you can. Why did you have it done if you dont mind me asking ?
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Martinz wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:06 pm
StormyRob wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 pm I have one of these done by Roger Ditchfield. Can add a few pics tomorrow if you wish
I didnt have it done myself. I managed to get it several years after it was done. 1 of less than 10 done by roger
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

StormyRob wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm
I didnt have it done myself. I managed to get it several years after it was done. 1 of less than 10 done by roger
Lucky you. Whos Roger ?
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Martinz wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 pm
StormyRob wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Lucky you. Whos Roger ?
Roger Ditchfield. VTR guru. Have a Google or search this forum
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

I’ve just read a thread about forks and how Roger rebuilds them. It was quite an old thread though, anyone know if he is still in the business?
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Solarboy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm I’ve just read a thread about forks and how Roger rebuilds them. It was quite an old thread though, anyone know if he is still in the business?
He is
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

StormyRob wrote:
Solarboy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm I’ve just read a thread about forks and how Roger rebuilds them. It was quite an old thread though, anyone know if he is still in the business?
He is
Care to share.. lol
I’ve had a look on the old google box and can’t see anything that looks like a business. Do you know the name of his company please Rob?
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Solarboy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 pm
StormyRob wrote:
He is
Care to share.. lol
I’ve had a look on the old google box and can’t see anything that looks like a business. Do you know the name of his company please Rob?
Looks like its revolution racing uk ?