Frame Brace

General Bike chat
StormyRob

Re: Frame Brace

Post by StormyRob »

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Thanks Rob,
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i think hawk summed it up with frame bracing. for the road good yokes.forks and rear shock are the best call, or at least the first call..
i have standard frame with good front end and by the time you get it outa shape, you are doing really silly things..

on the flip side i have one with enough bracing to build a bridge out of as its a spondon ex race bike and i have yet to get it outa shape and iv tried me little best believe me :lol: .

so yes it works but only when applied to the correct parts of the frame..but still depends on having good sussies.

as for the rogered forks i have a set sitting here i took of one of mine and i have to say he does a dam fine job of getting the very best out of what really started life as budget forks from honda..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

tried me little best
You might want to rephrase that :P
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

StormyRob wrote:Sorry but it was snowing today so wasn't in the shed. Will try again tomorrow. In the meantime I had these ones saved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
OopsImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

so thats the missing bits from the forth river bridge then :lol: :lol:
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 pm i think hawk summed it up with frame bracing. for the road good yokes.forks and rear shock are the best call, or at least the first call..
i have standard frame with good front end and by the time you get it outa shape, you are doing really silly things..

on the flip side i have one with enough bracing to build a bridge out of as its a spondon ex race bike and i have yet to get it outa shape and iv tried me little best believe me :lol: .

so yes it works but only when applied to the correct parts of the frame..but still depends on having good sussies.

as for the rogered forks i have a set sitting here i took of one of mine and i have to say he does a dam fine job of getting the very best out of what really started life as budget forks from honda..
I understand, SO guess the next question is , whats the "correct part" of the frame ? Need to get a little email together for Roger.

Susspension is fully sorted front and rear.
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Bloody hell Rob. Thats Full on !! Thank you very much for the photos, exactly what i needed.

Al
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Martinz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:29 am Bloody hell Rob. Thats Full on !! Thank you very much for the photos, exactly what i needed.

Al
pretty much the bracing that Rob has on his frame.. the spondon version i dont think you will get because it has the ears on it as they are called. tho a man on here has a spondon chassis for sale.

heres the spondon version.

8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 pm pretty much the bracing that Rob has on his frame.. the spondon version i dont think you will get because it has the ears on it as they are called. tho a man on here has a spondon chassis for sale.

That is a good example of the difference between a "race" frame and a more "street" based frame. One question I do have is are the flat bits added to the top front of the lower frame rails there in place of the stock plastic heat shield?
Can't see any reason other than blocking side drafts for that bit from this angle.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Robs frame has most of its extra bracing at the front, the spondon seems to have most of its bracing at the rear of the chassis. and not all the spondons have the same bracing, iv seen several different versions or at least seen pictures of them..
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 pm
Martinz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:29 am Bloody hell Rob. Thats Full on !! Thank you very much for the photos, exactly what i needed.

Al
pretty much the bracing that Rob has on his frame.. the spondon version i dont think you will get because it has the ears on it as they are called. tho a man on here has a spondon chassis for sale.

Interesting. Would you be able to pm the deets of said member with the frame for sale please mate ?

🙏