Got another bike (Picture now added page 4)

General Bike chat
AMCQ46

Re: Got another bike

Post by AMCQ46 »

This special version of the MT-10 is equipped with Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension for the highest degree of control - as well as an exclusive full colour TFT meter panel and special racing colours.

The Traction Control System, Assist & Slipper clutch and Quick Shifter System give you the technology to harness the 998cc engine's brutal power - while the hefty linear torque combined with outstanding chassis agility make this bike the definitive Hyper Naked.

it sounds mental .... in a good way!
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

One of my neighbours has the standard MT10, best sounding bike I've ever heard.
He's an butt, so don't know anything else about it...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
popkat

Post by popkat »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:38 pm This special version of the MT-10 is equipped with Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension for the highest degree of control - as well as an exclusive full colour TFT meter panel and special racing colours.

The Traction Control System, Assist & Slipper clutch and Quick Shifter System give you the technology to harness the 998cc engine's brutal power - while the hefty linear torque combined with outstanding chassis agility make this bike the definitive Hyper Naked.

it sounds mental .... in a good way!

It is mental, I just hope it's got a mild side too, when I had my Tuono in 08 it was full on mental all the time, after 4 months riding I got rid as it didn't do anything else.. I've been assured the MT is also a good bike for normal riding and even a spot of touring..
When I test rode one I went gently round the first roundabout then on to a dual carriageway, I cracked the throttle in probably 2nd gear (not full throttle) and the front wheel just went to the sky, rolled off, changed gear and it did it again and a little in 4th 8O tbh like that it would be a handful on twisty roads but there's 3 ride modes, 3 levels of traction control (3 is anti wheelie I think) as well as TC off. the suspension adjusts through the dash and has 2 pre set levels and 3 manual modes... and I thought the early Aprilia RSV clocks were complicated, I may have to go back to school to learn to work it out :lol:

Oh and it seems the fuel consumption and tank range is about as bad as a Firestorm :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

grumpyfrog wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 pm One of my neighbours has the standard MT10, best sounding bike I've ever heard.
He's an elbow, so don't know anything else about it...
Some replace the Cat with a link pipe, the standard can is straight through and the noise level is about 108db, too loud, if you cork it with a baffle they lose power, I think I'll leave the cat in place, it has an Akrapovic can which looks nice but as the std can is straight through anyway it doesn't add power, the thing makes enough anyway. Standard on tickover they sound really throaty and quite loud, when you rev it the exhaust valve closes down to quieten it for noise regs, once opened up fully they sound really good.

Throttle can be a bit abrupt in some modes so an ecu reflash maybe on the cards at some point.

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well done, good buying skills...

they must be the best real world bikes for sale... :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I must admit I like the look of these beasts 8)

Enjoy your new bike Malc :thumbup:

Chris.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

What a bike you've got I took one out and as you say they are mental but also quite happy at lower speeds and mode A I think it is. Bike feels solid and so well planted fills you with so much confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watty

Post by Watty »

That's a trick looking thing Malc, hope it does all you want :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

PICTURES PICTURES man ,wee need some up skirt shots of your new bike :biggrin
popkat

Post by popkat »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 pm PICTURES PICTURES man ,wee need some up skirt shots of your new bike :biggrin

I haven't got it yet :( All being well I will be picking it up tomorrow so pics tomorrow or Thursday :D

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow...those MT's are getting very popular. A nice replacement for the Fazer. Shame there not the option for a full fairing version. Huge Rad and oil cooler on that 8O
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm Wow...those MT's are getting very popular. A nice replacement for the Fazer. Shame there not the option for a full fairing version. Huge Rad and oil cooler on that 8O
There is it's called an R1...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Picked it up this afternoon in the van, got it home and had a quick spin. Oddly it didn't seem quite as mad as the std one I test rode. I pulled over and turned the TC off, rode away and by F**k it's nearly uncontrollable :lol: the front just hit the sky through to fourth gear, I mean big height, not controllable at all, I was hanging on 8O
Stopped again and put it on TC1, It seemed to soften to off too much, very easy to ride but the front barely lifts, I'm sure on the std one I rode TC1 was only a little less mad.. I need to have a decent ride soon to sus it out. It's going to take me a while to work out the modes and suspension in the menu screen.

One thing I think is odd is you can adjust TC and power individually on the move, select, close throttle. but it also has 4 modes (abcd) with TC/power set in these modes, so you can have A with TC1 and PWR1, B with TC2 and PWR2 and so on. you would think this is the important one to be able to change on the move as you could have say D as your rain setting, but you can't change it until you stop, as soon as you come to a stop you can change it..

It'll take a little while to get used to it all but think I'm going to like it, It looks the nuts too :D

Last edited by popkat on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sounds bonkers :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Surley there's an instruction book to go with this Malc...

Oh sorry I forgot blokes don't do instruction books...

Bring...Bring...Bring...Click Hello A&E...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...